Ok, I should warn you, you're in for a stop-whining-start-appreciating lecture. I like lecturing myself. I thought you would enjoy it too xD
So, let's call her Fia? She's Afghan, fairly new to the country (been here a couple of years or so), has three older brothers and her mama and daddy. She's my age, obviously, she's... amazing.
What she does? Let's talk a typical day for her. Wake up early, clean and cook, go to school, come home, do homework, clean and cook again. It might not sound like much, but think about it. You've got chores right? A couple? Sometimes more than the others in your family? Maybe your friends? I have them too. Sometimes it feels like I do everything and no one appreciates it. This girl DOES do everything. Every freaking thing. Her mother? Nothing.
A weekend... if she wants to go to her friends house, she has to wake superdy early (like she already wakes up at 8, while her brothers sleep for as long as they like), make breakfast and clean up everything, cook lunch too so it's ready for everyone and then leave. Meanwhile her brothers wake up when they feel like it and go out and chillax. Pleasant, right? You ask why her mother doesn't do anything? No idea. Why her brothers don't do anything? Her older one works, and the others... just lazy? I don't know. I'm just saying that while she was telling me all this, even saying she hates it, she was smiling.
Smiling.
SMILING. DO YOU NOT SEE??
Oh God, she is so unbelievably sweet. All these little things... like, normally, when you have a teacher who doesn't make you do much, who never gives you homework.... well, the typical teenager rejoices. She was disappointed when she had this dude for English like that, because he never gave homework or anything. I'm thinking: Girly, with all you've got on your plate, you want HOMEWORK?!?!?!
Oh, it could be because she wants some big fancy job in the future. Wrong. It's cute, she wants to be a fashion designer. And you know she doesn't need to be the smartest in those areas for that career. And yet she's dedicated.
And... backtrack to her cooking for the family. She has to make different things for each brother, and sometimes they'd be like 'Aw, Fia, I don't like this... could you make me something else?'
If someone said that to me? I'd scream/cry/slap/glare. She doesn't like it, but does it anyway. Don't get me wrong, they're not abusing her or anything. She told me they don't shout at her or beat her or anything. If she wants to go shopping, they give her however much money she wants. She wants to watch a movie, so long as she's done her other 'duties' she's free. But... oh man, I complain about the few (compared to her) chores I have to, she's practically playing mother.
Don't you just HATE yourself right now?
Lecture over ;)
School was... eh. Fine. Nothing special. Star's got her pretty curls, but she said she was washing them, so once again I don't have no camera. Besides, she also said she wouldn't let me take a picture. Remember: FBI hubby. It's for the Safety of Mankind.
:D
Oh, remember the sporting incident I mentioned last time? Well, just to prove my point, I painted the scenario for my younger sister (#3) and she knew who to pass it to! No, I swear I didn't cheat and give her hints! I was going to after, if she leaned towards the wrong answer. But she didn't! Granted, it took a while for me to explain, 'cause I had to explain the whole game to her. But she got it! She got it while 15/16year olds couldn't! SHE'S 8!
I trained her well ^^
Speaking of training, I've basically learnt my yellow 3 pattern. Oh yeah :) A little more practise, a grading, and I'm UN BLEU! BOOYAH!
Anyway... ATM:
Writing: Planning. Oh shut up. It's intense, ok?
Listening to: I Am Not My Hair. India Arie. Lovely words.
Feeling: Content.
And I've forgotten to add this due to it not happening, but...
Reading: Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex. Eoin Colfer. I haven't started it, but our library finally updated. And wipe that superior look off your face, Linch. >.<
The words of today...
Breast Cancer and Chemotherapy
Took away her crown and glory
She promised God if she was to survive
She would enjoy everyday of her life
On national television
Her diamond eyes are sparkling
Bald headed like a full moon shining
Singing out to the whole wide world like HEY...
I am not my hair, I am not this skin
I am not your expectations, no no
I am not my hair, I am not this skin
I am the soul that lives within
Peace in,
Laila
WOAH. TELL THAT GAL SHE'S GOT SOME SPUNKIDIDUNK, DUDEEEE. :O:O:O
ReplyDeleteAt least the good comes with the OK. She's got a busy life, but at least she can get money for whatever she wants. ;) THAT's the good thing.
HP7P2 IS GONNA BE MA15!!!!!!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRR.
O_o Whoa.
ReplyDelete