My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet&Sour 16

To be honest, I've just come to accept the fact that I am 16 years old now and there's nothing I can do about it.


Besides, I don't feel any different. Just more annoyed. Being the lovely friend she is, Star announced it to all the wrong people, so it started a chain reaction of people screaming 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' in my face and almost making me cry.
Exaggeration on the crying bit; I wouldn't cry. I just hit people.


^^


Also, the ladies at the class have said the 33-is-the-age-to-be. None of them want to go back to childhood or teenage years, not even their 20s. They say that your 30s are the best years of your life; when you're old enough to be wise and such, but you still look and feel 'young'. So, uh, by turning 16 I am closer to 33 and leaving the teenage years behind. And, apparently you'll be 33 if you go to Paradise...


I am also closer to be able to go to jail, I can learn to drive (whoopdifreakingdoo) and... yeah. Aal izz well!
o.O

But the sweetest thing was Chamsi calling me at 7:30 in the morning to wish me happy birthday. Yeah, I don't like birthday wishes, but that was just so nice. Even going to a different school, rarely seeing each other, clinging onto emails, she can still do that for me.

Hmm... oh, haha, at the lockers today, S said 'your mom' to me. I replied with 'your dad'. He said; 'you wanna finish that sentence?' And I said 'no'. And then he's like 'why?' and I throw myself into an exaggerated speech that went something like this:

'Because I don't want to, and I don't have to, and you can't MAKE me, because this is a democracy and I have rights and I have the right to not finish my sentence and there's nothing you can do about it!'


Ja, it really freaked him out. On a side note: no, I don't believe in democracies either.
:P
Actually, school today was ok. Most of the teachers don't seem to read the bulletins, hence they didn't know it was my birthday. At least I was saved from embarrassing 'happy birthday' sing-a-longs. (Brings back last years memories.... *shudder* )


Star made a Snoopy cake! Seriously! An icing Snoopy lying on his doghouse! It was pretty good, actually, though Snoopy was a bit fat and she didn't have time to make the roof of his doghouse red. The icing was yum.
:)


I had something to say! I forgot. Hm, I want the fight between Linchy's mother + my mother to end. I know I'll still be Linchy's friend, for sure, (and my mother also said that even if they fight, Linchy and I should remain friends... it's amazing, actually. Last time we had a Huge Family Fight with someone, ages ago, all contacts were severed. My mother really does admire Linch and her sister o.o ), but I don't want them to fight. I just hate fights.


:/ I always thought it would work out, and I'm hoping it still will. Both of them go to Islamic classes, I'm sure they'll at least come around and forgive each other for the sake of Allah (SWT), even if things aren't ever the same.


Sabrina brought me Supernatural seasons today! Yay!


And... God, there's something niggling at the back of my mind. I completely forgot what it was.
Hmm... so remember that awful Italian teacher of my sisters? My mother, my sister + Sister Nasirah went to school to have a meeting with the co-ordinators about her. There's a lot of top-secret stuff happening in the background, but not really to do with the personal stuff. Silly sister won't let them doing anything about it, but she has a valid point - in the end, the Evil Glove will be the one correcting her work. And no matter what people say, emotions will always get in the way.


Grr! Something's still annoying me! Why can't I remember?!!?!
Old age! I'm already losing memory!
Dx


ATM:


Reading: From My Sister's Lips. Na'ima B Robert. I am this close to finishing it.
Writing: Saving Jasmine. Remember I deleted 5, 866 words. Rewriting HAS started, but obviously not going too fast. Looks like it's not going to be going into Linchy's contest though...
Listening to: Feels Like Saving the World. Outlandish. Basically, they compare a relationship between man + wife (assuming) to saving the world. LOVE IT!
Feeling: Meh. Honestly.


I can't pick a part! Ok, this bit has my favorite line...


See the more we hide behind slammin' doors; tomorrow surely we'll die
I can't believe they would flee so easily; we ain't love deprived
Girl we just make somethin' divine, less perfect, more human with time
Until then I try so go ahead now


Peace in,
Laila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meow.