I remember the obsession I had with spinning little girls.
And I think, if I keep writing about them here, I'll start up again. Just draw them. 'Cause it's so cute!
Anyway, this isn't about that phase. This is about that Left Brain vs Right Brain test.
I mean, what do you see?
She goes clockwise for me. ALWAYS. I want to be able to alternate, but I can't.
Well, still, according to the Daily Telegraph website, I use the right side of my brain more... and that means:
RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking
See, it actually does fit me. I am an illogical sort of person, and I am more emotional I guess. So there, not so bad, huh? The opposite is:
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe
Being crazy sort of fits meets me more.
x)
I got through taekwondo yesterday without any mention of birthdays. Good times. I'll eventually let loose that I am a year older, but not now.
S said you lose your balance as you get older, and kept shoving me when I was sitting on the hand-rail thingo. I stayed on. Power, man, power.
And... I have a bio SAC tomorrow, so I should study.
OH, K came back from his France trip. Man, that guy is so funny. He was telling us about the trip, and just the way he talks, God, it cracks one up. I can't really write it down, 'cause you have to hear him say it. But at the end he was asked if he checked out any chicks. Keep in mind he's a good Christian boy:
"Nah man, but they were tempting me. They come at you with the French kisses - it's dangerous."
^^
Bio SAC, bio SAC, here I come...
ATM:
Reading: From My Sister's Lips. Na'ima B Robert. I didn't have time, ok?
Writing: Saving Jasmine. No time!
Listening to: And Then We Dance. Justice Crew. Not the most beautifully worded, but they do know how to dance.
Feeling: Content. Or calm. I'm not hypered or depressed, so, eh... o.O
There's nothing lovely in that song. So let me find something else... aha. Why we don't want to be average girls...
The average woman
would rather have beauty than brains,
because the average man
can see better than he can think
Peace in,
Laila
Another way to test whether you use your right or left brain more is to use your hands. Clasp your hands, putting one thumb on top of the other. Do it like you normally do it. If your right thumb is on top of your left, then you're left brained (as I am, apparently.) If it's the opposite then you're right brained. I guess it does make sense. The two sections of your mind control opposide sides of your body, right?
ReplyDeleteI got it from my sis, who got it from this book called Quirkology. Check out the website.
http://www.quirkology.com/USA/Experiment_AnalyseYourself.shtml
that's a really cool bit where you can analyse yourself.
Oh and my sister and I were watching it one time (she said it spun anti clockwise or something) and at one point...it changed. The girl changed from rotating clockwise (in my view) to anti. I dunno.
...whooooaaaaa.
ReplyDeleteI took psychology, so I know what you're talking about (: Great post!
*sends huggles and wishes* ♥
By the way... you might want to make your blog text a bit larger.. maybe keep 'round 11pt or 12pt?
ReplyDelete