We're watching you.
o.O
I learnt that in the book I'm reading - the setting is in Montreal, Canada, so there's a lotta French lingo.
But really, on Friday, we were learning about all this stuff in class, national security being one. It just came up - see, we were discussing Bin Laden, right? Wait... lemme go from the beginning. So Z was confused as to whether OBLwas bad or not, and Sister N was explaining how we didn't really know. OBL was actually trained by America, he worked for the CIA at a time. Then, I think when the Cold War was over, he went back to Saudi and stuff settled down, til Saddam Hussein raided Kuwait. OBL told the royals he would deal with it, but they said they should get America, but OBL said it was between Muslim brothers, it was our problem not their's. I believe he got exiled from Saudi and supermad at America. Then all this killing and stuff started, but you don't really know. You never actually see him do anything, you can only trust the news and the translations... but we don't speak Arabic, so how do we know they're telling us the truth? Sister N was saying something about how at some point you hear him say 'insha-allah', but on the subtitle it doesn't say 'if God wills'.
You don't know who to trust.
:/
And then, with 9/11, apparently some dudes analyzed the way the building fell. Firstly, with all the army bases in America, why didn't anyone show up when the planes did? Secondly, at some conference or another after the incident, OBL said he didn't do it, but he supported whoever did. That's obviously wrong; Muslims aren't entitled to kill non-combatants, innocent children and women - 9/11 was totally not something Muslims should support. It's so out of our religon. But the key point is that OBL said he didn't - do we trust him? Thirdly, the building sort of crumbled from the top; a plane hitting it would knock it to the side a little, but the top of the twin tower just sort of fell in on itself. Meaning, it would have to have been detonated from within. A bomb inside.
*shudders* Isn't it creepy? You feel like screaming THE WORLD IS A LIE!
Anyway, so all the stuff around OBL is hazy, so we just say 'God knows best' and move on. But Sister N was saying how it should all be clear when 'the books are opened'. Apparently, every something-amount of years, the 'books', with all the files on... security stuff... are opened to the public. You can read everything... like, if you're American, all the FBI/CIA stuff (honestly, I don't which is which :P ). The last time they did it here, in Australia, there were files on everyone on everything. I mean, down to the nitty-gritty details.
i.e. They had a file on a 10-year-old boy, in a family gathering, coming second in a sack race.
Sister N said that just because they have the power to watch everyone, doesn't mean the do, but still. They read emails, listen to phonecalls, not to mention security cameras everywhere... you don't get privacy anywhere. And if they mark down stuff about a 10-year-old, what else...?
S'what I love about my religon - in an Islamic country, the government aren't allowed to spy on the citizens. What you do in your own home is your own business. Nice, right?
But, back to this creepy spyzone. Can you believe how vulnerable people are making themselves on Facebook? Nothing ever gets deleted. It's always there. And you know how personal people get, and think about how large the FB population is...
Oh, Twitter note: the thing with posting photos on Twitter (Twitpics? I donno), another company entirely bought that part. Meaning, whatever photos you post on there; they're not yours anymore. Whatever company who bought it can use and abuse your photos in any way they like. A lovely world we live in.
It's just so... invasive! And scary! I've always hated phones. And I knew about emails. But still! It's like... even this blog post, right now is probably getting recorded down... and whoever comments too... whoever even just looks at it....
!!!
And then class goes on about other stuff. Oh, apparently the Irish got their independance through terrorism. I think Ireland, I think leprachauns and faeries, I think green. It's just so... hard to believe. But that's what they did; they got sick of the oppression, blew up English soldiers and whatnot, until the English got so scared they finally gave it up. So, for people who know their history - well, let me put it this way. When Sister N reverted, people asked her if her parents were worried she'd turn into a terrorist. Her answer:
Psh, I'm Irish. It's only natural.
x) LoL.
So I haven't been feeling all that healthy this weekend. I watched Supernatural, read the book, walked and attempted little study. Nothing much really. I really want to finish my writing stuff, but all I can see is all this work looming in the future. Sigh.
ATM:
Reading: Deadly Decisions. Kathy Reichs. It's mostly good, but sometimes her explanations get so deep I lose track...
Writing: Saving Jasmine. No progress as of late.
Listening to: Kaleidoscope Machine. Katie Costello. Old favorite :)
Feeling: Weak. I'll man up, I swear.
^^ This should be my theme song; I'm so tempted to put the whole thing up but I'll limit myself...
I’ve got something strange about me
But somehow I know
There’s a song in my mind and a poem in my eyes
My Kaleidoscope Machine knows what’s real
There’s a beat in my heart that sets me apart
From the man in the hat who lives down the street
Peace in,Laila
No comments:
Post a Comment
Meow.