My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Sunday, May 1, 2011

AAL IZZ WELL!

EHMAGAWD, that's from this Hindi movie I watched yesterday and j'adore it!
 x)


No, seriously, it's one of those few Bollywood movies that don't have thr airy-fairy romance with the colorful, over-the-top songs every two minutes. Hey, it focused on education, and if you know my opinion on that, well, then you figured out what the movies points were.


^^


So new movie to the favorites list? Yessir.


Well, it has been an all out serene weekend. Oh, funny funny thing - so at the time we were watching the movie, my parents + little sisters had gone to a Qu'ran competition thingo, right? I did when I was young, and even though I got third place, I still hold terrifying memories of getting up there and reciting.


So anyway, little Haloomi apparently had a spaz-attack and started crying and refused to go up and recite. Which is, you know, how to say.... understandable, right? Now comes the reason why she's related to us: apparently, when it came to the giving out of awards, Haloomi was one of the first kids up there. My dad said he was stunned- she walked up there like she owned the place! And even for the group photo thing; she insisted on being in front.


Sneaky, weird brat.
:P


But Asma, I'm proud of her. She's usually the wimpy one, but she went up and did her thing fine. Ok, she didn't win, but so what? She did her best.


Hmm... I painted yesterday, craved for adventure, read more of Na'ima B Robert's book. It's a good book, and she explains and enlightens one so thoughtfully and inspiringly. I wish it was more of a straight-forward story format, though. I guess it was meant for older people, so whatever. I still like it and I'ma try for others.


I should do math... I really don't want to... I want to do something!


Oh, I don't think I'm a morning person. Yeah, I love my getting up early, but I always seem to be sick in the morning. Stomach aches and stuff. Donno why...


ATM:


Reading: From My Sister's Lips. Na'ima B Robert. Almost done.
Writing: Saving Jasmine. Truthfully, I haven't written any of it. I want to rewrite... but I wasn't motivated, I guess.
Listening to: ... uh, nothing.
Feeling: Bored!


So, to leave you with the wise words of that song in the movie:


AAL IZZ WELL!
Peace in,
Laila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meow.