The weirdest thing happened today. It was completely gobsmacking. A total O.M.G. moment.
O_O
So you know I go to classes, right? Religous classes? Yes? Wait, lemme copy + edit the message I sent to Sam:
So there's one of the teachers, she's like, amazingly funny, inspiring and stuff, just like all of them, and she's also a revert (this is not because I'm labelling her, it's 'cause this is an important factor). I've known her about a year now? So yes, and they also have classes on Wednesdays, but it's during school hours and it's the one my mother goes to, and lately it's being held at our house, and this sister, she was praying in my room, and after she finished, she just saw this mug on my desk and... it's my kindergarten mug, right? It's got all the names of the kids in my kindy class and....
It turns out I went to the same kindergarten as her son. As in, like, HE WAS IN MY FLIPPING CLASS!
:O
ASLDJFASJF.
IT'S MINDBLOWING.
This is why we didn't pick it up earlier, it was before she was a Muslim, and they've changed names since. But STILL. SHEET. PILLOW. WOW.
// end of edited message. Isn't the freakytimesten? I feel so... squashed. Haha.
Obviously, this news was given to me when I came home, as in, I'm walking up the steps and my mother comes out 'cause she's going to pick up my little sisters, and that's the first thing she tells me. Gave me a heart attack.
But it prompted us to go looking for my kindy photos to stalk this guy... do I remember him? Well, yes and no. I remember faces from kindergarten, and names. Most of the time I can't connect these names to faces, but I can remember what these faces and their bodies did.
So anyway, he wasn't all the class picture, I'm guessing he came a little late? But I found these other pictures of myself, and I'm just a little excited to say I didn't always look like a weird alien thing. No, seriously! I find that in my baby/kid photos, I look stupid. But I actually looked normal in some. Funnily enough, these tend to be around animals. What does that say to you?
As for today... my disappointment in humanity sort of dwindles on increasing, but more leaning towards the teenager population.
The world thing: apparently, by the Geneva law stuff, we can't get involved with Libya because there are no Australians there. You can only get involved in another country's personal affairs if it affects your people.
So you know, you can totally ignore mass genocide because no one from your country is getting killed. How selfish and cruel is that? But no, I won't rant. These big issues are too much for my little brain.
Here, let me talk about teenagers. I'm very disappointed in a certain friend of mine. I'm finding her to be very shallow, self-centered and ... well, downright annoying. No names mentioned, of course, and I'm not actually showing her I'm mad. But honestly, the basic problem is, when some issue does not affect her or her interests, she doesn't care. And... how to say this? She has this person, celebrity, she admires, which is fine with me. But she's acting like he's God or something. Like, whoever this guy meets, that person is immediately and indefinitely amazing. Never mind they're a self-obsessesed filthy rich useless celebrity. No, once again, no names, not even on the celebs. But I'm finding this friend to be... unsympathetic, misunderstanding and a little impatient. Sometimes, when I'm upset, she makes a big deal about getting me to spill. But then she doesn't understand, or even act like she's trying. I understand, we've been brought up differently, but when she complains I try to empathize as best as I can, but she won't... do the same. Sigh. I will work this out.
On the other hand, I love Jane. Eh, why do I keep italicizing that? Probably the sortof inside joke behind it. But I swear, she is one person who understands me! Sort of! And she also thinks on the same wavelengths as me sometimes, it's freaky! Like... on Oprah and other celebs in general. And she described it in the perfect sense it was almost Islam. Admittedly, she can be a little cynical. But I know from her upbringing she has a right to be.
What a gangster!
Anyway, the rest of the day was the same ol', same ol'. Art assignment peeing me off, but eh, I can survive. And we have to make this dream board thing in GS, which makes me feel like I'm in grade 3, but it's ok. Better than boring learning style rubbish.
ATM:
Writing: Nothing again. I'm sorry! I'll get round to it.
Reading: The Rosie Black Chronicles: Genesis. Lara Morgan - EHMAGAWD! 'Chronicles'! Meaning, there's bound to be a second book! I'm excited and I haven't even finished this one!
Listening to: Ta Ra Rum Pum. Which is not an English song, no, and no, I don't speak Hindi. But it holds lovely memories.
Feeling: Generally relaxed. I took a 1hour40min walk, which felt gooood...
Well, no song again, but here's another Prophet (SAW) quote, I believe it was inscribed on his sword?
Forgive him who wrongs you;
join him who cuts you off;
do good to him who does evil to you;
and speak the truth even if it be against yourself.
Peace in,Laila
No comments:
Post a Comment
Meow.