My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Monday, March 14, 2011

Justice?

So a couple of years ago...


My mama was pregnant with #3, I think. I'm pretty sure it was Asma, but it could have been Haleemah. And it was at night and we were driving home from some dinner, and my dad stopped at a red light. From nowhere, this flipping lunatic comes crazy-speeding and slams into the side of our little family car, before skidding and screeching off.


It was the side my mother was sitting on. Me, too, in the back seat. I could feel the dent it made in the car, it's one of my really vivid childhood memories. It was a nightmare.


My dad got down the number plate of that car. He also took photos of the damage to our car. And he went to the police.


He gave them the issue, he gave them evidence. He got nothing.


I swear, they didn't do anything. It was just like, 'yeah, we'll go check it out', 'yeah, we'll call you back'. And that's it! My mother was PREGNANT! I'm not exaggerating the damage to the car! It was like a really deep dent, it could of... I don't even want to think about it.


Now let's forward to the present day.


Yesterday, in the morning, I was going to taekwondo. My daddy parked on the road, so we were sitting in the car as he was about to reverse. This lady comes along, and she's waiting to go past. My dad puts up the hand signal for 'stop', but she misinterprets it and think he means 'keep going'. So she drives behind the car, my dad is still reversing, and ouch.


Now, it wasn't anything big. Minor scrapes. It's, in my perspective, a misunderstanding. My dad gets out, they have a chat, it goes on.


Point one: not in contempt, but it is her mistake.
Point two: in Australian law, if there's an accident with a car at the back to a car at the front, the car at the back has to pay. In this case, she was at the back.
Point three: Even if my dad did say go, she shouldn't have because it would have meant going into the opposite lane, where the cars are coming in the opposite direction. Uh, logic?

So here me and my daddy are thinking, well, that's sorted. I was relieved 'cause I hate it when I see people get out of cars and scream at each other.


Today,  a policeman turns up on our doorstep because of that [insertbadwordhere] from yesterday.

Exactly what are the flipping police doing?


Seriously, they can't be bothered looking up a drunk who nearly killed a pregnant woman + two (or three) kids and who knows? He could've caused much more damage then just us. But oh, they have plenty of time to turn up on the doorstep of a hardworking father just because some stupid woman who doesn't want to pay for a paint job that was her fault in the first place!


Why don't people just admit to their faults?

Why can't the police pick up the right priorities?


I remember Star sent me a dearblankpleaseblank once:


Dear government officials,

Thank you for spending incredible amounts of time and money shutting down Limewire and arresting all those who downloaded. Those music thieves are much more dangerous than murderers, rapists, and robbers.
Sincerely, I'm sleeping much better now.


Do you see what I'm tryna say?


But you gotta love my mother. I didn't actually get to see, but apparently she went out there and said to the policeman that he can go and dig up whatever he wants to get some what stupid evidence, but we'll take it to court and we'll win. Along those lines anyway.


XD


And my dad just mentioned that the police guy did understand. I just don't get their priorities!


>.<


Anyway, I just felt like blowing. I'm not mad. Long weekend! I'm halfway through my art, which was the aim. I'll do maths and that's it. Maybe I'll go sketch more ballerinas. Hey, I'll even put them up on here.


Mmm.... ok, ATM:


Writing: The Faux Princess. I just ditched the prompt contest, it was simply too far on the romance front.
Reading: The Rosie Black Chronicles: Genesis. Lara Morgan. I'm loving it! C'est gangster! Only, the whole Pip + Rosie thing seems too fixed.
Listening to: Ordinary Day. Vanessa Carlton. It's the Peter Pan song, I swear!
Feeling: Neutral. As in, I was grumpy, but not now. I'm in the stage between the past and picking a new emotion.


Peter Pan! He's our man...
Just a day, just an ordinary day
Just trying to get by
Just a boy, just an ordinary boy
But he was looking to the sky
And as he asked if I would come along
I started to realize
That everyday he finds
Just what he's looking for
Like a shooting star he shines

He said
Take my hand
Live while you can
Don't you see your dreams lie right
In the palm of your hand

Peace in,
Laila

1 comment:

  1. WHATWHATHWAHATHAHGSKGSLGFSRGHGRHG!@?!??!?!!?
    HOW
    CAN
    THEY
    DO THAT??
    THAT IS SOOOO STUPIDDDDDD!!!
    SO SHE JUST REPORTS TO THE POLICE BECAUSE WHAT, SHE DOESN'T WANT TO COUGH UP MONEY?


    FLSJGLSJGSJGSJGJGSJG.



    I feel for you. :(

    ReplyDelete

Meow.