Sr Khadija, in our class, has a son without an arm.
He's like, maybe a year old now, and I've met him - adorable little
hyperactive dude.
Today, in class, she was telling us how she struggled so bad. When she first
found out that he wasn't going to have an arm, she was so scared and she sent a
super long text message to Sr Nish with all her doubts and worries, etc etc. Sr
Nish's reply consisted of a lot of references and stuff, but the main thing was
summed down to:
This is your test.
Sr Khadija had her baby, and Ali was just lovely. But she said how she could
always just see him as having a disability, how she was always so worried, how
she struggled so much. I never knew this, but people, strangers on the street,
they used to ask her things like: did you have drugs when you were pregnant? What's wrong with him? Why's he like that?
Recently, she said she met a sister when she was going to the RCH to check out a prosthetic arm for him. And this sister said to her, "Why do you want to get one for him? He's fine the way he is - perfect the way Allah (SWT) made him."
And she said she got angry with her. Although she didn't show it, she said that when she went away, she was furious. She still wanted to get this arm, she wants to give her son that chance to try it out, to take the opportunity. If, when he's older, he doesn't want it, oh well.
We were discussing this verse in class:
O man! What has made you careless about your Lord, the Most Generous?
Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion.
Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion.
And she just sort of... burst out, and she's like: "I understand now, what she meant. I mean, I've struggled so much, but this verse... it's shown me that Ali, Ali's just perfect. The way he's made. Just because he doesn't have an arm, that doesn't mean anything - it's how he was meant to be. He can do all these other things - he's never been the issue, it's just how I look at it."
And she started to cry. I mean, happy tears.
I was just so... okay, I had a fuzzy feeling I won't bother explaining, it's too sentimental. But it's nice - she's been sort of emancipated. And I'm happy for her, and you know, let's share the feeling:
YOU'RE ALL PERFECT, THE WAY YOU ARE, IT'S HOW YOU WERE MEANT TO BE. SMILE. APPRECIATE.
AND, SR NISH IS PREGNANT!!!!!
x)
ATM:
Writing: Chipped. I'm on a roll.
Reading: Little Women. Louisa May Alcott. It's freaky 'cause Meg is like my older sister, and Jo is like me o.O
Listening to: The Lost Get Found. Britt Nicole. Christian singer, but some songs that are strictly God related are lovely.
Feeling: FUZZY!
And happy October everyone :) (DON'T ask what I'm doing up at 12:12am)
So when you get the chance
Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it
There's a girl on the streets, she's cryin'
There's a man whose faith is dyin'
Love is calling you
Don't let your lights go down
Don't let your fire burn out
'cause somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe
Why don't you rise up now?
Don't be afraid to stand out
That's how the lost get found
The lost get found
Are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips
And you know you have the chance to change it
There's a girl on the streets, she's cryin'
There's a man whose faith is dyin'
Love is calling you
Don't let your lights go down
Don't let your fire burn out
'cause somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe
Why don't you rise up now?
Don't be afraid to stand out
That's how the lost get found
The lost get found
Peace in,
Laila
Show Me The Right Path - The Path of Those Who Gain Your Love, and not of those who Catch Your Wrath.
ReplyDeleteMay Be Someday we'll start to appreciate what we truly have and forget everything that we don't have for the good of our own self.
May be Someday we'll be free from the clutches of our ego, the clutches of our tongue and the ones who think they are free but they are being manipulated by our biased society.
May be Someday we'll be able to think about others, and pray that God shows mercy to all of us.
For we all came in this world with equal statuses, we all are going to leave this world with equal statuses. The only thing that'll determine our fate are the Good Deeds that we do, that we have done, and that'll happen.
Loved this verse
"My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.
Qur'an - 20:25-28"
Wow, that's so...touching. No wonder you feel 'fuzzy'. Lol.
ReplyDeleteI've read Little Women! And I've thought exactly the same thing. Jo is just...me. Seriously.
Do you know that that book is based on Louisa's real life? Sorta. She based Jo on herself. Lovely. ^^