My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Saturday, October 22, 2011

He wasn't murdered.... until he was...

It's amazing right?!

It's like how Princess Diana was alive... hours before she was dead!!

:O

LoL, stupid newspaper headlines ^^

So another week has passed. What happened? Uhm. Oh yes, the Lit assignment? A+.

:D

... uhm... I had so much to say, but I've forgotten.

Well, for starters, the four SAC week actually turned into a two SAC week, with the others for next week. Thank you, God.

And... GOSH. WHY HAVE I FORTEEN EVERYTHING?!?!?

JO IS DEAD!!! 

JO! 

You know, Supernatural Jo! But... *sniff* ... I can't believe... *sniff*

Okay, okay, Jo is fictional. Whatever. She was awesome. She was dedicated. And I lovelovelove how, okay, the scene before she died right, before they got to Lucifer, it was 'the last night on Earth' sort of thing for the gang. And Dean waltzes up to her and... okay, scene goes like this:

Dean Winchester: Hey.
Jo Harvelle
: Hey.
Dean Winchester
: Hmm. So, dangerous mission tomorrow. Guess it's time to eat, drink and, you know, make merry.
Jo Harvelle
: Are you giving me the 'Last Night on Earth' speech?
Dean Winchester
: What?
Jo Harvelle
: What?
Dean Winchester
: No.
[laughs]
Dean Winchester
: No, but if I was, would that work?
Jo Harvelle
: [smiles at him and sets her beer on the counter. She moves in closer, puts her hand close to the back of his neck and tilts her face up to his. Just as their lips are about to connect, she pulls back] No. Sweetheart, if this is our last night on earth, then I'm going to spend it with a little thing I call self-respect.
[she turns and laughs softly as she walks away]
Dean Winchester
: [watches her walk away and raises his beer to his lips] If you're into that kinda thing. 

SELF RESPECT.  

And this is why Jo Harvelle is the coolest chick on Supernatural, heck, one of the coolest fictional female characters ever. I swear, if only all the heroines or female protaganists were like that. See, my character, Meg, for my NaNo story, she's going to be like that. But not really. She can't be as witty-ish because... well, the circumstances make that difficult. Besides, I do have a shred of originality, you know.

Oh, I'm in love with one of the songs on Kelly's new album - What Doesn't Kill You. Makes you stronger. I know, the quote already existed, but how many singers of today sing about that sort of stuff anyway? Okay, I'll stop with the criticism of dumb songs. But you know what I don't like? How people can... well, it's like this. I've heard people make snotty remarks on how Kelly Clarkson is fat, how she's not pretty, how she sings about love when she doesn't even have relationships.

Come awn. Just because she doesn't paste her love life all over the media, doesn't mean she doesn't have relationships! And she's fat?? Really? I mean, so she's not a super skinny supermodel, doesn't make her fat. She's just healthy! And even so - last time I checked, she was a singer. Not a flipping supermodel, d'accord?

Gosh, people are just so awful. 

Even with little Miss Rebecca Black. I'm no fan, her music isn't my type. But my sister insisted on me watching a song of hers, 'cause she wanted by opinion, and on the comments there were these horrible, crude ones like.. well, the simply stupid ones were like, 'lol, I watched this video just to dislike'. I love how productive these people are. But then there's this thing of... okay, it's gross, but there's comments made by boys that say 'I hate her songs, but man she's got big...' Okay, you can just fill in the blanks, I can't even finish that.

SERIOUSLY. I get you can have an opinion, you don't have to love every song, everyone's entitled to their own tastes. But being rude and shallow and disrespectful in those ways... it just disgusts me.

Okay, I'll put that aside for now. Oh, my title. So, for OO, we have to make a mini-encyclopedia of a variety of criminal cases, you know, just the sort of thing I love to do.... I thought I was being sarcastic, but now I think I'm not... o.o

ANYWAY. So Star and I, we were hunting for some interesting ones, so as to avoid the ones that were bound to be done by others, and we came across this site. It's so unbelievably funny, and here we found, amongst many other interesting stories, the curious case of Michael Malloy.

The guy who wouldn't die.

Okay, so basically, he was the town drunk, and his 'friends' decided it would be nice to get the insurance money after he drank himself to death. They waited, he drank, it didn't happen. So they gave him free reign at a speakeasy, and he kept drinking. Didn't die. 

So they mixed his drink with antifreeze. Didn't die. Turpentine. Nada. Horse Liniment. Zilch. Rat poison. Nuh-uh.

The gave him oysters in arsenic and spoiled sardines or something.

Still not dying.

So, one night after he drunk himself to oblivion and it was below zero degrees Celsius, they threw him in a ditch after taking his shirt off and poured a bucket of water on him.

And he didn't die.

So they ran him over with a taxi. They realised after that they couldn't get the money if they didn't have a body, but hey presto, three weeks later, his body shows up for another drink. Yeah, three weeks in hospital and he's back for more.

So finally, they put a gas hose in his mouth and he actually dies.

But because they kept telling everyone, they got arrested. Adorable, right? :P

ATM:
Writing: Deep Blue. Planning, really. It's all in me head.
Reading: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Stieg Larsson. Finally.Well, haven't started, but I plan to.
Listening to: What Doesn't Kill You. Kelly Clarkson. I don't think  I have to justify it's awesomeness.
Feeling: Happy. I guess. Nothing's killing me, so I guess I'm getting stronger ^^

You didn't think that I'd come back
I'd come back swinging
You tried to break me, but you see

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone
Peace in,
Laila

2 comments:

  1. That is one epic site. O_O
    I couldn't stop reading! Lol.

    I've no idea what Supernatural is but sounds like an awesome movie if it has such a character as Jo.

    And and and, I completely agree with you about Kelly. She's like one of my fave singers and she's the BEST American Idol winner. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! (The irony of that man's situation... eh, not so funny, but pretty wows all over o: )

    *huggles* Jo comes back like... twice/thrice afterwards. :3

    (The seventh season is EPIQUE... although pretty ?-ish xD "question mark"-ish lol)

    :) I'm glad that you're still writing, so kudos to you! ♥ I'll come back to read and comment spontaneously ^.^

    *sends cupcakes, huggles, & a skittle rainbow*

    ReplyDelete

Meow.