My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Friday, October 7, 2011

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

Honestly, my knowledge of Steve Jobs was very limited, but then Star sent me this video...

... and I hate to annoy you, but you should watch it. It's another one of those inspiringmotivationalfollowyourdreamsandbelieveinyourself videos, and it's lovely. 'Specially if you need a boost. In fact, this is another video I would advise to have played at school assemblies or something.


What a cool guy. And really a tragic loss :/ 
Even my mother notices he's dead, and she's not very into that technology/celebrity world, so that's big.

On a side note, don't ever ask me to decorate your cupcakes. I've been titled with 'The Blob Master', by Star. See, on Wednesday, I went to her house for this simple game plan: Work on project. Make cupcakes. Watch Jurassic Park.

We didn't get to watch Jurassic Park (poor Star will never have a childhood), but the first two we did. The cupcakes took a while 'cause we had to... improvise.... when we couldn't find stuff. That, I am proud to say, is something I'm good at. But then, when we were icing them, my first time, I tried to do a swirly top, like on ice-creams, you know? It looked like a blob. Hence, a la Blob Master. So I just went normal and patted it on, and it looked messy, but Star decided it was artistically messy, and she made me messy-fy hers, so that was okay :)

And and and our Lit project - we're turning Markus Zusak's The Messenger into a movie, but we have to twist it a bit. We found an awesome cast so far, though xD Alona Tal as Audrey was my idea! And this dude called Jim Sturgess as Ed. I think they're purrrrfect :)

Oh, this morning, at Fajr, Haloomi fell off her bed. It was so funny. Basically, the little ones were watching A Series of Unfortunate Events last night, and because it kinda scared them, Asma slept in the same bed as her. So at Fajr, I was kicking Asma back to her bed, and I gave her sheets back. When I came back to my room, Haloomi was on the floor, sort of looking dazed and rubbing her head. And I'm like, 'Haloomi, you okay?
And she nods, so I say, 'You wanna go back to bed now?'
And she nods again, but she just kept sitting there, and it looked so funny. I had to pick her up and tuck her in, and she was so out of it... LoL.

And... that is all.

ATM: 
Writing: Chipped. I'm still on a roll.
Reading: Little Women. Louisa May Alcott. This is so going on my favourites list ^^ At first, after thinking Jo was like me, I thought I was a bit of Jo and Beth, but now I'm back to thinking I'm just like Jo. I donno. We seem to have similar reactions to things :)
Listening to: How We Roll. Britt Nicole. J'adore this song, it's sooo catchy and uplifting.
Feeling: Meh. 

This just makes me wanna dance! 
I know that everyone's running
Just trying to get away (you, you can't get away)
Life can feel a lot like a rat race
Like everyday is so mundane
But I am saying...

Hey, hey, oh, oh
I'm not getting caught in the undertow
I'll be taking it easy and taking it slow
I'm never gonna follow, no

Turn it up, make it loud on your radio
We are gonna dance everywhere we go
Everybody knows
That's how we roll
Peace in,
Laila

1 comment:

  1. UMAK is a university where we take tests to see if we'll pass for college. ^^


    And,
    I didn't even KNOW Steve Jobs existed until he died.

    Lol.

    And oh, what song is that? o.o
    Sounds good. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Meow.