My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sing, Children of the World

Ok I just have to make something clear about the last song I posted.

I mean, you may not have noticed, but I just feel a little uncertain and I'd rather correct it than forever doubt, you know? So there's one line in the song that says that our Prophet (SAW) is 'the best of mankind'. It sounds all nice, and I'm taking it in the sense that we are to strive to be like him.

But, that's it... right? D'accord? 'Cause you see, in our religion, we're not supposed to distuingish any prophet as being better than another. That's for God to do, you know? So even though Prophet Muhammad (SAW) may be the one's teachings we follow explicitly, we're not allowed to say he's better than Jesus or Moses or Noah or the rest of them.

Just making that clear ^^

Anyway, I had the most exhausting day yesterday. It was just like wake up go to school come home do maths homework help mother cook break fast finish maths homework go to taekwondo go to the mosque come back have a bath help Star with maths homework go to bed. In between, obviously, there was praying and reciting Qu'ran. I'm alive and in one piece, though, so all's good.

So TODAY, Star went home early, sick. I'm a leetle worreed. See, it was this sort of break down thing she's had before, but I don't think she went to the doctor. But it scares me. She just goes really pale, (and she's already pale) has trouble breathing, her stomach and head hurt, she sits really still without moving, and she says she can't see. I can only push her to go the doctor so far, you know? I hope she's ok :/

And I saw the most weirdest thing today! So it was raining, I was soaking as I trudged to the corner where my sister and I, and J and E meet after school, d'accord? And I saw this little doggie running around with apparently no owner.
Just so you know, I'm scared of dogs. 

And this dog is just running around like nuts, and all of a sudden, it just dashes across the road... and it almost makes it but then a car just hits its back and I just totally freeze up and stare.

It yelps, jumps up, and runs back to our side of the road. Just like that. And it finds this kid from our school, and just follows him. I thought maybe he's the owner (though he looked a little uncomfortable), and it keeps following him down the street, and then it just... runs somewhere... and the boy takes off. Ditching it wherever it vanished to.

... Yeah that's it. But it was freaky o.O

I'm reading Reckless, by Cornelia Funke, and I'm loving it so far :D

And I love this song, the words are so nice. And it has no music besides the drums, but it still sounds good. There's no official video, so I've got one with lyrics though some are a bit off. Just a bit.

... (that's sort of an awkwardly bad place where it's stopped, but the song isn't wholly sad :/ )...

Peace in,
Laila

2 comments:

  1. OMG, CREEPY DOG MUCH!?

    I read your last post, I wanna watch that movie now!!!!

    And you don't comment on my blog anymorreeee. :( Lol. I sound whiny. I don't post as often as you do anywayyyy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wows!

    I hope your friend is well, btw & hopefully got that checked up /: (since it sounds pretteh major... reminds me of my moments of, well, not being able to hear anything and feeling dizzy... like I was going to die or something x.x ~ hopefully your friend's issue never reaches that point... like everr :/ )

    & word up o:

    ReplyDelete

Meow.