My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Monday, June 20, 2011

Well, there you go

I've been waiting for my exam results before I post. And I got the last one today.

So, it goes:
Biology: 44%
Methods: 79%
Literature: A-
French: 96%


Well, there was a lot of painful torment behind it, but I've settled for the fact that I passed. 

And now, now we're on the Alternative Program. Basically, those of us not on Work Experience go to our yr 11 subjects, and the rest of the time we work on these 'group projects'. Group project #1 is one organised by the teachers on a transitional topic, group project #2 is one you pick yourself and it's on a study skill thing - ours being 'folio preparation'. Blah di blah.

What we did today? Well, I had three periods off. Period one we played categories. Period two we played on the computers. Period three we went to the library, and Star and I got so bored we did J's I'm Not Scared homework.

Oh, golly, I love I'm Not Scared. Niccolo Ammaniti. If you haven't read it, go do it. It's amazing.

My sister dropped Italian! I mean, The Glove is a horrible teacher, I think I previously mentioned it? How she says my sister is depressed and stuff? Well, not only did my sister drop it, but L did too! AHAHAHA! You know what this means? The Glove is going to stalk them both down! And kill 'em! I sympathize, and I laugh.

Seriously - ok, I sound mean, but you know what else she does? She's Lisa's English teacher, right? Their English exam was based on Night and I'm Not Scared. The Glove gets around to making them work on I'm Not Scared after the exam. What a stupid, horrible, teacher, right? After the exam? What is the POINT?

And Star and I have started the Post-It Project. At first I thought it was copying, the thingsweforget thingo (there's a link on the side, under Things to Remember ^^ ), but then I have two reasons to justify:

a) It was Star's idea, and she's never been on the site, nor has she heard of it. So in her perspective, it was original. She just wanted to make use of her Post-It notes.
b) Come awn, it's still spreading the love, right? 

And I've been catching up with my Supernatural, but seriously, I can rant on forever about it. So I won't.

And... that's it.

ATM:
Writing: ... Ok, news, I've decided to drop The Faux Princess. It just spans for such a long period of time, I cannot write so... spread out like that. It would be the kind a classic writer may pull off, but not I. I do, however, have this awesome idea I'm working on ^^
Reading: Thirteen Steps Down. Ruth Rendell. Yes, I AM making progress, and someone just died x)
Listening to: If I Die Young. The Band Perry. OMG, thank you Arvie for this song - I can't stop listening to it!
Feeling: Meh.

Here you go...
A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell them for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin'
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'
Peace in,
Laila

2 comments:

  1. I had the same reaction when I first listened to it. ^^ Glad you like it. :) That line is also my fave part. It just sums up the whole feeling of the song, right? xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIKE OH MY GOSH, I'M BEING SUCH A BAD PERSON. I HAVEN'T COMMENTED/READ THIS IN AGESSS! At least you haven't been lazy and posted heaps of stuff.

    SEVENTY NINE PERCENT!!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!! OMG, AND THAT'S METHOD'S TOO!!! woahhhhhhh, so smart ehh?? xD Lol.

    OOOOOOOOOHhhh, tell me about this Post It Projecttt!!! Tellll :D:D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete

Meow.