My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Monday, June 6, 2011

Chills and thrills

It's absolutely LOVELY!


I mean, it's the kind of cold that seeps under your clothes and trickles up your spine and leaves you shivering uncontrollably for hours. It's been like this since yesterday, and all I can think is WINTER IS ON IT'S WAY!

x)

I am totally a Winter person! I mean, Autumn is the best, but Winter is almost as awesome...! Yesterday, Mrs K was late to French, well, the substitute teacher was, and everyone was huddling under the shade while the rain literally tore to the ground. I just stood in it and soaked it up - seriously, like a sponge. When we finally got inside the classroom, by the end of the lesson there was a puddle on the chair and I was still wet.


^^
And it hailed!! I love hail! It bashes on the roof and makes me feel like the house will come apart any second now... don't ask me why it's a good thing. It just is. And it looked like snow, too! Like... like...


  

 








BEAUTIFUL.

And I passed my math test! Did I mention it before? Well, on Tuesday we did this test, right? And I did my version of studying, and I had it all figured out. Come test day - it was awful! Mr V played a horrible game with, he... distorted the questions... and we weren't even allowed a calculator! The worst bit was he distorted the things he taught us in the last minute - that's just plain cruel. So till today, I had been dreading the results, I kid you not, I expected a SAC re-sit, and I was so afraid. But I passed! Unbelievable! 50.5/66! Not my best, but better than a fail any day.

Oh, but I made the silliest mistake... like, the first question was multiple choice, right? And I figured it out all easy-peasy... and I didn't circle an answer....

o.O

As for the bio SAC... ok, I passed that too, but not well. Still, as I said, pass is a pass, better than a fail any day.

And for GS, on Wednesday, I had to do this career profiling personality test, and... I'm a Driver Supporter. There's a lot of stuff to it, but here are the main points. I just don't know if it all fits me, though some I like to think fit me...

Driver Supporters are best where:
• There is freedom from control, supervision and details
• Challenges and rewards exist
• Tasks can be broken down into measurable components
• There is opportunity to delegate and manage
• Activity moves at a reasonable pace
• They have the ability to make decisions
• Long-standing relationships can be or are developed
• There is personal attention and recognition for tasks completed well
• There are jobs where standards and methods are established

What you value:
Achievement
Challenge
Competition
Contribution
Control
Cooperation
Friendliness
Goals
Leadership
Loyalty
Productivity
Relationships
Responsibility
Success
Trust
Work ethic

What annoys you:
Boredom
Conflict
Dependency
Discourteousness
Disharmony
Excuses
Impatience
Irresponsibility
Laziness
Over-analysing
Procrastination
Pushiness


Hmm... see, a lot of it depends on the circumstance. I procrastinate heaps, as do friends of mine, and it doesn't always annoy me. Unless it's something really important, that - as selfish as it sounds - really affects me or someone I care about. And I was going to say that the things under the valuing category weren't right, but then I re-read the value bit. Doesn't actually mean I am like that.


:) Best bit? Satisfying careers for me. I bolded the best ones:
Account Manager
Administrator
Athletics Coach
Barrister
Bookkeeper
Camera Operator
Chemist
Child Welfare
Civil Servant
Commercial Planning
Computer Engineer
Computer Operator
Computer Programmer
Conservationist
Detective
Dietician
Early Childhood Teacher
Engineer
Event Planner
Information Technology
Lawyer
Logistics
Nursing
Nutritionist
Office Management
Paralegal
Pharmaceutical Scientist
Preschool Teacher
Project Manager
Public Relations
Sales Manager
Social Worker
Solicitor
Surgeon
Surveyor
Systems Analyst
Teacher
Video Game Developer
Youth Worker


Some of them I don't even know what they are, and others are downright ridiculous (Surgeon? Video Game Developer?), but still.... detective. My faith in the test just increased after seeing that. And all the children/law related stuff. Mr F thought I'd make a good postman though.
xP
 
And today, in taekwondo, Coach said my sidekick was beautiful!!!
 
Mkay, it's getting late, I should go to bed...
 
ATM:
 
Reading: Deadly Decisions. Kathy Reichs. Haven't started it, just something I took a chance borrowing...
Writing: Saving Jasmine. I didn't have any progress till today, but I was busy, k?
Listening to: Triumf. Outlandish. Well, I was, and it's stuck in my head... o.O
Feeling: Tired. My eyes are gluing themselves together.
 
So, to finish...
Tragedy turns to triumph
Can you feel it in the air?
Peace in,
Laila

1 comment:

  1. ...you have an incredible life for a teen xDD ♥

    Sounds awesome ~ the test results... were theeeeeyyy... from the Jung Personality test thingy?

    (You would totally be awesome at those bolded jobs! But yeah ;D You can do at least 5 careers in a lifetime. :] My English teacher back two years ago told us... like, before we took the Jung Personality test. &, it scores pretty well, I guess. xD)

    *huggles* I'm so glad that stuff's turning out really nice for you, you awesome tiger ninja :D

    x] *sends wishes and cupcakes* Great blog, btw ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Meow.