My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Friday, April 8, 2011

Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry; quick, quick, quick, quick...

AHHH! Get that song outta my head!


I swear, I don't even like it that much. I don't hate it, like, meh, you know? But it's stuck in my head!
Grr >.<


Ok, I don't want to start on a silly-negative note. Why? It's the beginning of the holidays!


AI CHIHUAHA!

Right?

:)


Today was absolutely lovely. Ok, I missed out on most of art, but oh well. We had an assembly, our year 10 coordinator's resigning. He made a speech and stuff, and yeah, ok, the one thing that I remember was:
"Yes, I went to the best teacher's schools, Launceston [something something]. There were 50 boys and 200 girls. What fun it was."


Hey! It wasn't my fault; everyone laughed at that point. Other than that, it was a general drag but ok. I'm not too fond of that teacher, that's why. But I admit he has an air of respect about him.


And then we had PE, which is when that dumb song got in my head. But it was a coolish sort-of bludge. Basically, he let us do anything as long as it was PE related. Me and Hannah spent most of the time in the gym, but we also got out to do some skipping, and we started a whole double-dutch thing. Where has my fearlessness gone! I did this in primary school! But I just couldn't make myself go in this time. Oh well, life goes on.


Then bio, which was... bio. Not torturous, just funny and relaxed. Our holiday homework is to eat grass, by the way. I will do it.


OH! Literature! Gahh! So, Mr A was being funny as usual. But today, he caught my eye, and he's like:
"Am I making you laugh, Laila?"
And I'm not good at talking to adults, and especially when a lot of people look at me, I tend to stammer and smile stupidly. So yeah, I kinda started doing that... the smile stupidly bit. And blush. And that just kept him going.
"I love making you laugh. That just made my week, you know. I just love making you smile."
He then turns to speak to the whole class.
"She's just so serious! It's so nice making her smile!"
And I'm basically hiding my face behind my hands, and everyone was looking at me. And then, the class sort of moved on. Mr A said something, and Igor said something funny. And then Mr A looks back at me, and he's like:
"Did you hear that, Laila? That would've made you smile."
And he made this huge deal of having it repeated and everything and more staring was involved while I continued to hide behind my hands. The worst bit is, this is just a normal reaction for me. I'm not trying to be cute or anything, it's how I am. I hate it when the attention's on me. But then, after class, S was like: "Why were you giggling? What was so funny?"
(I was not giggling. I was smiling stupidly and hiding behind hands. Huge difference.)
And then he does these silly imitations that are technically not imitations because I wasn't doing it, but Star whacked him, and I did too (attempted to... she made me hold her books so I was sort of handicapped.)
Anyway, that was the embarrassing lesson of Literature. Golly.


BUT... now I'm officially on holidays! Breathe!


I went 'shopping' after school, boring, but I bought a black coat (I love Tightrope. It's the only shop I actually don't mind clothes shopping at). And then I got home and chillaxed, and we had class, which was just awesome. I love all the sisters! They're so funny! The sad thing is, I don't tend to remember what they said exactly, 'cause I'm too busy laughing to take notes on funny stuff that I can say. But here's something nice.


Direct note I wrote down:
Allah (SWT) said He created mankind weak - hence, we are not expected to be perfect. We just have to do our best.


It's a paraphrase of what was being said, but isn't that nice? Mann, I love my religon.


So! I should probably get to bed. I'm just on a high, that's it...


ATM:


Writing: The Faux Princess. Admittedly, not enough progress. But it's the holidays! 'Nuff said?
Reading: 9th Judgement. James Patterson. I haven't started, but I will...
Listening to: Sad Song. Lenka. Believe it or not, it's not actually a sad song. It's quite bright. Gotta love her.
Feeling: Hyperbuzzyawesome. IT'S THE FLIPPING HOLIDAYS!


Now, I've finally got that ridiculous song outta my head....
Darling,
Everyone's compelled to look into the mirror
When they're crying
Just because your tears are pretty
Doesn't mean they'll get you by
Peace in,
Laila

1 comment:

  1. through strength I found love, in time I found myself in...
    HAPPPPPPPYYNESSSSS, WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Ohh oh oh oh something oh oh

    xD

    AWESOME REVAMP OF TEH BLOG!!! BETTER THAN MINE. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Meow.