So she starts madly screaming BYE to this little kiddo on the monkey-bars. He's not looking, so I'm like:
'Hali, who's that?'
And she's like: 'That's my friend. I'm saying bye.'
And I go: 'Uh, does he have a name?'
And she says, with a little shrug: 'I don't know his name.'
Some friends. Ah, my little sisters are so strange.
Oh, ARK = Act of Random Kindness. Star and I have decided to do at least one a week. Mine, for this week, was inviting her to the 'garden party', so she can relive the memories of her primary school. Oh the times she had... umyeahright.
THE COIN! So last Friday, Star, S and I superglued a $2 coin to the ground in our school. After and agonizingly uncertain weekend, we found that yes, it was still there on Monday. We relished at the fact we'd have an entertaining recess + lunch.
We were disappointed. Not one person noticed the coin. Sad... what a lame school we have...
But to add to the disappointment, come Tuesday morning and someone had pulled it off! What?!!? WHAT? What is the world playing at?! That's just cruel!
No matter. Today, I found a 20c coin, and although usually I don't pick up coins, this one I did. Guess who's going to be supergluing that to the floor?
;)
Yup, so technically I don't feel like stealing because I'm putting it back on the floor. Oh, speaking of 20c coins, in my little sisters primary school, they have this 20c coin stuck in the cement. Like, in.
o.O
Haven't updated in a while 'cause I feel lazy. So what's been up? Passed the math test, A for art assignment, A+ for Lit SAC... yeah, I'm good. Holidays in two days! Hopefully, this weekend, Star and I will make chocolate ganache with lavender cream and strawberries, and then we'll watch Anastasia. And at some point these holidays, Star, Linchy, Mia, Chamsi and I shalt watch.... Sucker Punch!!! Booyah!
Anything else...? Oh, for GS yesterday, we had to look over these surveys and statistics for our school. Apparently, while we're ok at everything, for Math Methods (CAS), our school sucks bad. We, as students, had to point out possible reasons, and most of what our group came up with linked back to lack of motivation. A lot of people are forced to, or pick Methods because of prerequisites for Uni. So then we had to suggest solutions, and the question was: how do you motivate high school students to pass math methods?
I mean, little kids, you can award them and bribe them with sticker, lollies, prizes, movie days. High school kids don't get so excited. There's honestly nothing you can do to get students excited about maths - it's more of a self-motivating thing. You can't make them, they have to make themselves.
So I thought of a fear factor. Honestly: I'm only passing Methods now 'cause I'm scared of failing, scared of displeasing my teacher. Scared. But I don't consider this a bad thing 'cause it's helping me. I do not like math, but I'm doing it and doing well enough. This is good, right?
So what if that was it? What if, in order to make them pass, you had to scare them with a punishment? Detentions or whatever?
I said this to Jane, and she said you can't motivate students by fear. I get what she's saying; it's not a very likable thing. But if being as nice as possible isn't working, isn't that the only way? I mean, come on, 'fear' also demands respect. Think of olden times and the cane. Yeah, it seems bad, but admit that they were far more respectful and intelligent those days. They had fun in more creative ways 'cause they had to think to waver around rules. You see?
So, I've been made to be really weird because I admit that I think I would like to live in those days. With more respectful people. More discipline and intelligence. Crazy, yes, but I'm being honest.
Annd... I've decided I really don't like free periods on computers. Admittedly more likable than working, but still, I think I'll just die of boredom. I spent a long time finding pictures to draw, but it gets so frustrating. You can only keep photosearching for so long. But then I think of the 40page assignments, and I go nu, appreciate!!!
Anywho, that's my life as of recent. ATM:
Reading: Nothing. I just finished Plague (chyeahhh, flipping awesome!), and I shalt go to the library soon.
Writing: The Faux Princess. Slow progress, but better than the previous version.
Listening to: Something That I Want. Grace Potter. From Tangled, it's so catchy!
Feeling: Content. Life is presently fine.
Words....
She's a girl with the best intentions
He's a man of his own invention
She looked out the window
He walked out the door
She followed him and he said "whatcha looking for?"
She said I want something that I want
Something that I tell myself I need
Something that I want
And I need everything I see
Peace in,
Laila
No comments:
Post a Comment
Meow.