It's crazy how fast things suddenly go when they seem to have been moving in slow-motion since forever.
We've been trying to get my cousin to come and study here for ages. He's been trying. We've been trying. It's been so many years that I, well, all of us, had just about given up.
Last Friday, we got the news: HE GOT HIS VISA.
Now, as much as I adore and admire all my cousins, when it comes to the older males (and this one is 19or20) I rarely speak to them. It's just a weird ... thing... I'm not very good at speaking to boys around my age and above. I can, if I'm very familiar with them - like, a lot of my classmates, I've been in the same class for five years, or in the same tiny primary school for seven, so yeah, I can talk to them. But to be fair, my cousins I usually see every five years, or, last time, after a three year gap. And, keeping in mind my difficulties with phonecalls and Skype... well... yeah, familiarity is a tad bit difficult.
SO, that was like a side note, but my point is, I don't talk much around them, and it's usually interpreted as being socially awkward (correct), disinterested (incorrect), and freaky calm (I wish it was correct). Anyway, he's the type who so far has thought me to be freaky calm & disinterested, so you can imagine his surprise when I screamed on the phone.
I never thought I would scream on the phone. I thought that only happened in movies. But I did. Gosh, you know, I didn't even know I could scream. Amazing self-discovery right there x)
But it gets better. Yesterday, I waltzed in afterschool, my sister was on Skype, and guess what, folks???
HE'S COMING IN 10 DAYS. JUNE 9TH.
Oh Lord.
So I went from this:
To this:
(I gotta hand it to tumblr for having the best gifs to express emotion ^^ )
Now my sister and I are planning how we're going to turn this house upside down to fix him a room, get him the furniture, balance everything else out, clean out the house full stop and, to top of this many layered chocolate cake, I have exams.
What fun.
To other news is that now two of my cousins are pregnant! EEP. The one who's actually my cousin in law, and the other in France. I guess where they are is pretty irrelevant to you, but I just felt like putting it out there (:
Finally... the SACs are over for now. That's it. Once again, just exams left. Peace at last. I may actually get some reading + writing done.
Hope everyone is well.
(ZOMG, just remembered, I got an A+ on my oral - that is, 28/30. Only marks lost were for... the control of the non-verbal aspects. Hehe. To be expected. EEP! )
ATM:
Writing: Chipped. Because I'm actually going to hopefully do some now :)
Reading: .... still nothing. :/
Listening to: Eyes Open. Taylor Swift.
Feeling: Pretty swell. The worst is over x)
Keep your feet ready
Heartbeat steady
Keep your eyes open
Keep your aim locked
The night goes dark
Keep your eyes open
Peace in,
Laila
So far, so epic ^_______^ *cheers!*
ReplyDeleteI dunno how it actually feels like to have someone of the family get a visa, but if they're close, I suppose I'd be just as excited, but... ooblahdi! I hope you guys have fun :D
Oh, and good luck on those exams! ^____^♥
Wow, that's awesome. And like Meli, I can't imagine how it feels to have someone of the family get a visa, but judging from your reaction, it must really be a big thing. Kudos for it anyway. ^^
ReplyDeleteAnd you screamed...? I hope not like a total girl. Oh boy, I seriously hope not or I might suddenly find my manhood (it's still missing though) and beat the girly scream out of you. o_O I'm warning ya.
You already know what I'll say about the things. You'll do well. *thumbup*
Oh gosh I can totally relate to the coming off as super awkward and disinterested. I'm fairly close with my cousins, both guys and girls but not with my mom's side of the family. With them I'm just SO awkward and quiet because I don't know what to say to them :P
ReplyDeleteTumblr gifs are the best!
Congrats to your cousins who are pregnant! And to you, you're going to be an aunt soon :D
Good luck for the examsss ♥