For the first time in who-knows-how many years...
... all the Muslims in the world, I mean all, all over the world, all the Muslims have agreed on the first day of Ramadan. I know it doesn't sound amazing - it's something that should be expected. But quite frankly, every other Ramadan for the last couple of years, all the communities have differed on when it starts.
It has to do with the sighting of the moon, you see, at the end of the lunar month. I don't know much about it, but some communities work on a specific scientific prediction, others on actual sightings, and others.... well, I donno.
But for once, for ONCE, the world has agreed on one day. Isn't that just wow?
So yeah, Ramadan starts on the first of August. Tomorrow. I just got back from the first tarawih prayers. I love the mosque in Ramadan. There's just this warm, fuzzy atmosphere. And there was the usual Turkish gang, a few Lankans and random others. And the imam was reciting beautifully as also usual...
Yeah, anywho, I don't know what else to say. I feel compelled to have some kind of goal for this month, but honestly, I don't know what.
OH, well, insha'allah I'm getting a cat this Friday!
EEP!
I have no details except that it's one years old, and I refuse to have an all out hyper fit and get excited until the cat is in my arms.
I also watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and Despicable Me this weekend. Both were epic to the max and are so on my favourite movies list x)
Anyway, I should go to bed.
ATM:
Writing: Chipped & Untitled. There's this contest Lisa McMann is hosting, and I wanna enter. I haven't got a proper idea, so I'm just writing til I get something.
Reading: The Lost World. Michael Crichton. It's nothing like the movie, but I love it, and now I really want that pirate book, but I can't ask for it because of my cat :/
Listening to: Welcome to Mystery. Plain White T's. Was on the Almost Alice CD and j'adore it, it's quirky ^^
Feeling: Happy. 'Cause it's Ramadan tomorrow!
This is a place
Where your mind can escape
All the problems today
And go far, far away
This is a town with no history
Feel no misery
Come and visit me
Feel no misery
Come and visit me
Welcome to mystery
Peace in,
Laila
No comments:
Post a Comment
Meow.