I had my uni enrolment day yesterday.
...
It is by the beach. It is pretty purdy. The course still sounds fabulous.
And I get a JUMPSUIT.
ZOMG.
I'm doing Nursing and Emergency Health, the latter of which is related to being a paramedic/reliefpersionwhogoesoverseastohelpoutinwartorncountriesandthoseaffectedbynaturaldisasters. Throughout my four years of study, apparently I gotta do a lot of placements - right in the thick of the action - and therefore I get a snazzy uniform. Part of which is a JUMPSUIT.
(Okay, I can't find a picture, but when I do get it, I'll show you guys.)
I'm super excited. You don't understand. It's the jumpsuit that really gets me, but there's so much I have to prepare. Here, lemme list everything I have to do:
1. Have a uniform fitting appointment
2. Immunisations
3. Fitness test
4. Get a Police Check + Working with Children Check
5. Start timetabling my lectures and blah blah
6. Buy my books
... okay, it doesn't look like a lot, but it is. It's a bit overwhelming. I donno. The thing that freaks me out is how independant I have to be. No cute little forms for me to take home to mummy and have signed. I have to do everything By Myself. It's everything I was afraid of.
I'm good at following instructions. I'm very happy to be lead. At most, I can be a second-in-command, or someone who gets the ideas but offloads them onto someone else to carry through. And now it's all like "You have to do this this this this and that and then this and this and that", so on, so forth, but there's nothing specific. It's all officially 'in your own time'. It's... scary.
Oh, I should probably talk about people. The suburb where my uni is located is known to be a White People Hotspot, so maybe I shouldn't have been surprised by how many white people there were. But I was. I mean, I expected a lot more ethnics to be in the uni, because it's based on course, not race. I literally saw one brown person and two Asians in my course, and everyone was white. I don't mean like white white in terms of skin - I mean like Aussie. Not even any recognisable Europeans, and no Middle Easterners either...
This might sound a bit weird, right? Having been born and raised in Australia and suddenly being overwhelmed by Aussies? The thing is, I grew up in an Ethnic Central, and yes, I meet Aussies and all that jazz, but they all tended to blend into this brilliant spectrum of People from All Over the World. So I donno, I find it... disconcerting... to be in this place where there are only Aussies. Only Aussies. And they all dress similarly, and I'm a bit worried, because I don't know how I'm going to find someone to bond with on equal footing.
But whatever.
I get a JUMPSUIT. AND A STETHOSCOPE. And this snazzy fluoro jacket and a t-shirt and.... !!!
Okay, that's it for now about that. There's still a Long Way to go for uni to actually start, plus I'm really worried about all the costs and stuff the my scholarship doesn't cover (i.e. the uniform package is over $200, which I need by Tuesday :/ ), so I'll just leave you a little show of patriotism. The 26th was Australia Day, and so here's a little video of what I think about it. Please, do take a look.
If he was single, and not that old, and marriage didn't have to be consensual, I'd marry him. Unfortunately, he isn't single, he is (kinda) that old, and marriage does have to be consensual. Sigh.
Peace in,
Laila
Hahaha, if marriage didn't have to be consensual, alot of us would have been married long ago :P
ReplyDeleteI totally understand how overwhelming it is starting college and having to deal with all those million things by yourself. It's exciting nervousness though, right?
Probably ^_^ Or maybe we'd just be overwhelmed by the options... ;D
DeleteStarting uni is that exciting nervousness, but there's also just nervous nervousness, the queasy kind... I need more direction, I'm so scared I'll forget something important o.o Oh well.
By the beach? awesomeee :D
ReplyDeleteAnd the course sounds great.. and omg a jumpsuit!
Good luck with everything you need to sort out :)
"marriage didn't have to be consensual" hahahaha, I laughed so much when I read that :P
x) Thanks for your comment! I'll keep you posted, and hopefully maybe throw in some photos too :)
DeleteSo so so happy for you! I need to see a picture of that jumpsuit woman! Chop chop, get to work finding a picture! :D
ReplyDeleteAh marriage and consent, I know the feeling.
Much love and luck sent your way. May you always be this happy.
I've yet to receive it, though it's been measured and ordered. IT'S BLUE AND SILVER :)
DeleteAnd I hope I can be too, or at least, always come back to the feeling... I hope the same for you ♥
Whoa it sounds so interesting! How did you know this was the degree for you or are you still unsure? Sometimes I wonder if people think my degree is right for me...Are you like that and do is anyone who you think is doing a degree that isn't what you thought they'd do?
ReplyDeleteTheoretically, I'm 20893757495834% sure this is the degree for me... Practically, I have to admit I'm a bit unsure. There's a lot of stuff I haven't been exposed to, and I do wonder if I have the mind to understand all the sciencey stuff. I donno. God knows best, I sure hope this works out.
DeleteAs for other people, or even you, I can't say. I've had a bit of trouble when it came to others 'accepting' my degree, to which I [mentally] screamed SCREW YOU. I don't want to put myself in a position to judge what I think others should be doing, although I think motive is the most important thing - are you doing it for you, or for others?
... heck, I could post about this. In fact, I think I will. Though it may take a while ;D
But I wish you weren't an anon, because I feel like we could have great conversations :) Thanks for the comment, anyhow!