And my favourite:
I'm not entirely sure you guys read Lisi Harrison, but I do love her, maybe just as a person if not a writer (I feel like I can't say as a writer considering I haven't read all that many of her books). I started reading her Clique series when I was pretty young, it's all about rich girls in a fancy school, and although it sounds really superficial with all the extensive clothes descriptions and whatnot, I don't know, there was always something in it that clicked with me. As cliche as it sounds, maybe it's just that despite all that glamour, they really are just like 'normal' girls. And although I haven't actually finished reading the series, nor have I read any others by her, because I don't have access to them, I've been following her blog for ayyyyges and I think she's just amazing and I love her ♥
And I like this idea.
I know the ones I've shown you guys are pretty exaggerated, but there are more 'realistic' ones, and you know, I thought I'd give it a go. Just for fun. So yeah. Here it is.
1: I'm a pretender in the sense that I act like I'm a dedicated tomboy because I don't want to give my older sister the satisfaction of knowing that I've 'grown up' in some ways, but I'm really excited now that she's on holiday, because I have full access to her wardrobe :)
2: I'm a pretender in that I tell my mother the sole reason for my choosing to become a midwife/paramedic is because it's a kind of selfless, helpful job, so my mother can't argue with me, but my choice also relates to a certain kind of adrenaline rush. I'm halfway into it for the thrills.
3: I'm a pretender because some people seem to think that I'm super confident and comfy wearing my headscarf everywhere, but sometimes I really do feel...well, you know.
4: I'm a pretender because sometimes, when my mother tells me to do things, I say I'll do it, and she'll keep repeating it, and I'll keep saying I will, and it will end with this whole: I'LL DO EEEET, OK? ... And then I don't.
5: I'm a pretender because I often check my phone like I actually expect something new or important to pop up, when I know, and you know, and probably everyone knows that that's not going to happen.
6: I'm a pretender because I act like I play music while I vacuum just to make the chore fun, but in reality, it's so I can sing along really loudly and not have to acknowledge my cat-being-strangled voice. And... I like vacuuming.
7: I'm a pretender because I roll my eyes and make sarcastic comments when I watch soppy love stories and cheesiness with my friends, but really I'm a sucker for happy endings. I also love Full House.
8: I'm a pretender because I shuffle my feet and bob awkwardly when I'm forced onto the dance floor at parties, insisting that I don't dance, but I'm liable to going all out and everywhere when I'm at home.
| This is seriously me at home |
9: I'm a pretender because I give the impression I'm an English nerd at school, but in reality, I have no idea what I'm doing when I write an essay, and I still don't understand what I'm doing right sometimes. (But hey, I'm not complaining.)
10: I'm a pretender because I like to think I blog for me and no one else, but I can't help screaming a little inside, when one of you comment, or I get a new follower :P
So there. #WeArePretenders.
Are you?
Peace in,
Laila
Im a pretender because I dont show everyone the facets of my personality.
ReplyDeleteThat's true of everyone, is it not? Is it even possible to show every facet of your personality to everyone you meet? I mean, sure, sometimes we intentionally hide bits and pieces away - I'm guilty of that ^_^ But other times, the meetings you have with people are just limited in themselves when it comes to bringing out your personality, right? Like a job interview, where you're made to be formal and professional. You can't help not bringing up every side of you. Does that make sense?
DeleteSo in that regard, yeah, everyone's a pretender, even if they can't help it ^_^
I'm a pretender because I'll never let myself come across as grumpy or bitter because I feel too uncomfortable when in actual fact I feel like bashing someone's nose in.
ReplyDelete:P
Happy days
HAHAHA. I want to say I relate, but truthfully, if I'm grumpy or bitter... I'm grumpy and bitter. And then I just cry :P Thanks for sharing :)
DeleteI'm a pretender because I act excited about some things in my life that I know I can't avoid in the hope that all the acting will develop genuine excitement
ReplyDeleteYou know, maybe that's a worthwhile tactic I should employ. I am pretty good at lying to myself ^_^
DeleteThanks for sharing :P
I'm a pretender because based on this post,you could be me...except for the vacuuming.Here, we use brooms.;)
ReplyDeleteThis reminds of PostSecret...it has the same vibe.Kinda.
I didn't recognize Lisi Harrison till you mentioned The Clique,sis dearest would keep getting those from the library and then I started reading them for all the pretty sounding brands and clothes and cray-cray...even though it wasn't any great literature,I still remember the books...that's where I learnt that Gucci and Louis Vuitton were clothes brands after all.
Yeah, I agree, I wouldn't put down the Clique as the most deepest series ever. But it's fun for light reading, and I appreciate it. And truthfully, when it came to those detailed outfits, they sort of all just went over my head ... I'd just think to myself: "Imagine something pretty here". All in good fun, though :) Thanks for your comment :)
Delete