My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Adieu, High School

So that's it. Today marks the day that high school is officially over for me. I mean, it 'formally' closed on the 21st of October, but I still associate exams with school, and so I've still felt as if I was in school during this period.

And today, I had my last exam.

That's it.

It's done.

...

A part of me is just so THRILLED. Liberated.  No more SACs, no more exams with the same kind of weight of expectation, no more bad teachers (this is specific to those bad teachers, because I have had great ones too). No more 5 days of school, 8:30am to 3pm. No more waiting for it to just be over.

And thinking of all that makes me want to do a little happy dance, it does.

Then the other annoying, self-righteous, angsty, officious part of me pipes up, with a 'is that it? That's all?'

And all that's left is this huge blank space of all the things to come and all the things that will never happen again. It's just so... surreal.




Anyhow, I'm now going to embark on the task of trying to catch up on all your posts (I've been terrified of looking at my dashboard until now), and it's going to take me ages because I'm actually without a laptop right now.... my charger broke :/ Sort of convenient for the exam period, but now it's just going to slow things down. So be patient with me ^_^

And I do, in fact, have many things to blog about, as many things have happened from eons ago that I just haven't had the time to jot down. So many, many things, good, bad and ugly, and you know, because there are so many, I probably won't blog about any of it.

Cheers.

Peace in,
Laila

6 comments:

  1. wow ur school started at 8.30? so luckkyyy! I had to be at school by 7.30 :(

    And CONGRATS on finishing high school :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I feel like everywhere in the world starts earlier than we do in Victoria ^_^
      And thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Lailaaaaa! I missed your online presence! I think I'm more happy about you being back than about you graduating high school, haha. But hey, congratulations, and get ready for university- the best days of your life, no exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I MISSED YOU TOO. Not in the sense of an online presence, considering you were here, but you know, just you :) If I hadn't already made that clear. And I donno, university is still very very very far away, and it all depends on getting in in the first place ;) Thanks anyhow *hugs*

      Delete
  3. I've been dead terrified of my dashboard too but I decided to have a peek and boy,am I glad...Congratulations missy!
    And though I don't know how your education system works from what Ghadeer says, it's university...may it be fun and games and all that good stuff!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola! Well, I'm glad you braved it. Was it you who hadn't posted for 6 months? *goes to check* Oh yes it is. So where have you BEEN?
      And thanks, though once again, it's not as if the results are in and I've been accepted. NOTHING'S GUARANTEED, PEOPLE.

      Delete

Meow.