Star says we're just 'testing the waters', and it's bound to get worse, and I'm inclined to believe her. But... but I also think there's a chance that it won't be as bad as I think. I'm only doing four subjects (French, English, History, Legal) and they're all subjects I'm relatively good at, and I like. I have so many free periods as well... and it just feels.... 'spacious'.
I could be wrong.
Anyway, the last week of the holidays was somewhat eventful. Things happened. I caught up with Mia, who's a Really Important Friend of mine, and perhaps I'll blog about her one day, but for now I'll just say it was pleasant. I'm glad she's the same, or more 'grown into' the personality she already had, as Star said. I visited a second-hand bookstore for the first time with them both, and was surprised at it's awesomeness. I bougth Quintana of Charyn :D
Also, something Extremely Significant happened last Saturday, and I'll definitely be blogging about that in the near future, I'm just waiting for some final thigns to settle down. It's a very Tragic story with a hint of a happy ending, and you absolutely must hear it. I apologise for the 'stay tuned, we'll be back after the break' attitude, but alas, if I really did write it up now, you'd hate me for the word count x)
Okay, I'm sorry, I cannot keep this in right now... if you plan on watching Dexter, or if you are watching it and haven't reached the fourth season, skip the next paragraph, okay?
RITA DIED!!! WHAT?! HOW COULD THEY KILL HER? WHY? SHE'S RITA. WHAT HAPPENS TO CODY AND ASTOR NOW? AND HARRISON? AND... WHYYYYYYY?!?!!? DEXTER LOVES HER. YOU CAN'T KILL RITA. SHE'S THE ONE THAT KEEPS HIM SANE. NO. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Yes. So I have been watching Dexter, and I really love it, but I can't bring myself to recommend because it has some Bad Things in it. I know a lot of you probably have seen worse, but still. There are intimate scenes and awful language... it's just the storyline is so compelling. And it's so my type. I can't stop watching it. I was supposed to finish up with the fourth season and 'focus' on school, but with an ending like that..... Dx
That being said, I'd like to recommend a movie or two that I watched these holidays. First up... The Little Rascals.
Going with the 'old is gold' theme, I also watched... My Girl... which is even older than The Little Rascals.
I randomly decided to watch it because I saw this gif:
....And it always amuses me when little kids talk with such sophistication. So I had no expectations, I just watched it one night, and, I don't want to spoil it, but I bawled at the end. See? *sniff* I'm becoming emotional. I actually cried. Tears-running-down-my-face cried. That never happens with me and fiction.One thing that I found interesting was the fact it was a 'coming of age' story. I mean, I think of 'coming of age' stories now, and it usually involves something in a bedroom, or alcohol, or drugs, or something really extreme and coarse. But My Girl just had the most innocent way of growing up... it's sad how times have changed.
Reallllly loved it. Straight away a favourite. Do watch (:
I watched the second one too, which was nice, and I liked it, but not as good as the first.
I think I'll leave it at that for movies. Books, I read a lot, but you can go to my Goodreads which is somewhere and I can't be bothered linking you.
And I don't have a life :( Yesterday, I spent a good who-knows-how-long talking to my sleeping cat, telling him how much I loved him. He was sleeping. Then I listened to his heartbeat, because I'm creepy like that. It's like, I expected school to bury me alive, but it's not, so I'm stuck in this limbo, awaiting that stress and busy-ness and it's not happening.
Argh.
Anyway, I'm trying not make this angsty because the angst and stress and whinging will probably come as I fall back into the motions of school, so I leave you with Great News.
KIKO GOT MARRIED!!!
D'AW.
My baby is growing up
:')
Don't they make a smashing couple?
Laila



Yep, smashing couple indeed. I wish them the best. :P
ReplyDeleteI'll try to watch those movies. 'My Girl' sounds especially interesting. And ahaha, I'm not even going to bother with 'Dexter'. I don't think it's for me. The 'scenes' you've mentioned and all that. Sokay though. ^^
Okay, now that you've said 'stress and busyness' are not happening...it most definitely WILL now. o___o *throws cookies your way to soften the blow*
Love that Piano Guys song. ^^
...and I shall wait for your posts. :')
Oh yeah. Kiko and Muffin are like the Brangelina of our family x) And Dexter is definitely not for you, so wise choice ^_^
DeleteAnd yes... the stress and busyness did hit me. Not as badly as last year, but nevertheless, there is some :P
Hope you're okay *sends hugs*
Dexter for me is the geeky kid on Cartoon Network so the spoiler came as a surprise!;)
ReplyDeleteBut I did look it up and oh well...Maybe not having TV at home is a good thing after all.
I already in love with both the films and I'm getting them ASAP...it's been so long since I watched something that doesn't need a stream of expletives to elicit a laugh or make an impression...or maybe not.I did see the Diary of a Wimpy Kid a few days ago!
Still.:)
That was my Dexter too... until I watched this one. The irony is that I don't watch it on TV - everything is online, or what friends give me. So beware, young grasshopper :P
DeleteI've yet to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but yes, My Girl and Little Rascals are amazing and worth the watch (:
I love My Girl! I need to watch it again though- you know how you extract new layers of meaning from movies as you grow older?
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel so left out of this world for not watching Dexter..
YES. I mean, I've only watched My Girl once, but I feel like this is one of those movies that need to be re-watched to find more awesome :)
DeleteAnd don't worry about not watching Dexter. It's p-r-e-t-t-y nasty, unless you're into serial killers... ^_^
Adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo is the little married Kiko! :)
I'm going to say thanks, even though I technically can't take credit for anything :P
DeleteDexter is AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteINDEED. I have recovered from Rita's death - I think it did a great job of making Dexter more human - and j'adore Lumen ♥
DeleteHeya Laila,
ReplyDeleteI've tagged you with the Liebster blog award,just go check it out when you can.:)
Link: http://thethinkeress.blogspot.in/2013/02/welcome-to-1st-occasional-blog-awards_14.html
O_O Oh wow. I will check it out...
DeleteAww, thank you so much dear!
ReplyDelete