My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Friday, February 15, 2013

Liebstered.

I got tagged! Or awarded? Liebstered. What does that even mean?
...
Google told me it meant 'dearest', in German. Why thank you, Talita ;)

Before I embark on this epic expedition... I will tell you about my Valentines Day adventure. No, I do not celebrate, and don't worry, I hath no rants about this :P So don't blow up my comments section.


Anywho, basically, Star had a dream.

She had this idea that she wanted to make roses for all the girls in our year level. Origami, of course. And I'd do my usual duty of painting them, and everyone would be happy. This was our plan - but mostly hers, as you can see - from last year. We discussed it, experimented, and it mutated into such a way that roses were out of the question - 'twould be flowers instead - and we'd do it anonymously. We didn't want our peers to know, because neither of us know how to handle compliments - well, okay, I don't know what to do with compliments, and I'm just guessing she's the same. So we had to get the teachers in on this, and we figured our legal teacher, Ms D, would do it for us. But it felt weird saying 'hey, we're making flowers for the girls in our year level, can you hand them out?' So we decided to base it on the excuse of Valentines Day, because Ms D happens to be one of those really excited about it, and we figured no one would really question that.

So it happened. We made 77 flowers, for all the girls in our year level, and handed it to Ms D in a basket the day before.


Note: walking into your average high school carrying a basket right out of Little Red Riding Hood is not exactly inconspicuous.

But it was an emergency, okay?

They look better in real life

Never trust baskets. Ever. Not even the Basket of Love.
So yes, the teachers handed them out at assembly, raving on about how nice and lovely those two anonymous peers of your year level are, and for some INEXPLICABLE reason (damn that basket!), the word started getting around it was us. Well sort of.


See, the problem was, people kept assuming it was me. J Turtle was like: 'you're the only one I know whose humble enough to do this anonymously!'

And so it went, and I just have to say, I DON'T GET IT.

I am not a nice person. I wouldn't say I'm... malicious. But I'm the kind of person who insults my friends for fun, more than I cuddle them. I have this completely non-sentimental persona at school, and I successfully convinced a few people that I was incapable of feeling. I donno, it's fun. I get along with people, I do, but I just don't have the sweet personality at school. I just prefer keeping people at bay, so some people see me as reserved, and my friends see me as a bit of a raving lunatic.


SO WHERE DID THIS IDEA COME FROM?


I usually wouldn't care so much, but it upset me because it was 90% Star. She came up with the idea. She made it happen. I'm just a side-kick. I do have nice ideas... sometimes... but I'm one of those people who don't put much into making them happen. Star is amazing though, and she wasn't getting enough credit for it, and no matter what I said to people, she kept throwing it back at me, so that people just thought we were both being really humble, but seriously, it was more her. Arrr.


But nevertheless, I know that I know this, so I'll find a way of making sure it goes appreciated.

SO....LIEBSTER TIME.

The rules:
1.     Give 10 random facts about myself.
2.     Answer the questions given to me by my wonderful nominators.
3.     Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4.     Write 11 questions for them to answer.
Facts about myself:
1. I am not a nice person. I hit people, sometimes.
2. My English teacher said I have a special talent for insulting people without them knowing it... (he said it in more sophisticated words).
3. I absolutely hate being in photos. Even if you used your incredibly stalkerish skills to find out who I really am, you would have great difficulty finding a recent, complete picture of myself.
4. I measured my eyelash once. It was 1cm.
5. I don't know how to swim. But I don't drown either.
6. Um... I like horses.
7. Oh, I once took a test, and I said my favourite animal is a tiger, because it's regal, lithe and powerful... and apparently this is what I will be looking for in a spouse o.O
8. Books sometimes annoy me because they're so much more fun than my life. I end up craving near-death experiences.
9. My mother thinks I'm special... Okay, she didn't say that, but I know I'm her favourite.
10. I talk to my cat when he's sleeping. Then I listen to his heartbeat. I know it's creepy.

Now the questions...
1. Sweatpants or jeans?
 I don't have sweatpants, I think o.o Jeans, I guess.
2. Your reaction when you get caught in the rain without an umbrella.
Tongue out and all x) J'adore the rain. 
3. The phone's ringing, someone just rang the doorbell, the baby is crying and the tap is overflowing. In which order would you tackle these?
... I would give the phone to the baby and put him/her in the sink. Then I would open the door and say 'I'm sorry, we're not available right now, please leave a message, after the beep.' Then I would shut the door and go crawl under a bed.

4. Something you absolutely cannot bear and something you love in a person.
Wait... so you hate and you love the same thing? Or two separate? I'ma go with separate. Umm... I donno how to explain this, but there are people who are just so... genuine. Genuinely kind, sweet, nice. Love them. Like my cousin :)
And I hate... self-obsessed people. Well, I don't hate them, but it really annoys me when people spend so much time looking at themselves in the mirror, or taking selfies. I donno. 

5. Coolest job ever according to you?
OH. I have this friend, I don't know what she does exactly, but it has something to do with working at the YA sector of the state library, and she coordinates events relating to it, she gets to interview YA authors, and they send her their books before they're even released. She's living The Life.

6. One thing on your bucket list.
Macarons. I have to try them.

7. Pirates or ninjas? Why?
 I WON'T! I WON'T CHOOSE! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

8. Current ear-worm or stuck-in-my-head song.
 Though admittedly, I heard this version first... donno which one I like better.

9. How many kids(if any) do you want to have?
I don't usually think about the actual process of baby-making, so that's why I say As Many As Possible. But when I get to thinking about it... the hows and all... that answer may change... o.o

10.Is Pluto a planet according to you?
:O You even ASK?  A LE DUH. Of course Pluto is a planet. And don't you dare doubt it, or I'll sock you.

11.What would you rather be doing now?
... If I had something I'd rather be doing, then I'd probably be doing it ^_^ Unless it was something not accessible... like climbing a volcano. I'd like that.

My nominees...
(and like Talita said on hers, if you don't want to make up a whole post, you can answer in the comments... or not at all. Just be honoured (: )

1. Linchy... donno what to link to, so you can leave one in the comments :P
2. Arvie. Can't link her, 'cause she's private.
3. Ali. Can't link him, 'cause he's private too.
4. Meliiii.....  ^_^
5. Deserae (: My writing buddy. 
6. PurpleMist... doesn't blog enough.
7. Fathi... doesn't blog at all anymore :( Where'd you go? 
8. Hanis...just because she deserves an award.
9. Arianna... one of the most determined people I've ever met.
10. Bethany... she's too funny. I need to see her answers x)
11. Dazzling Mage... she's so booky :)

And yo questions:
1. A book that made you [want to?] throw it across the room?
2. What was the last lie you told? (assuming you have lied :P )
3. How long is your thumb?
4. What did you eat for breakfast four days ago?
5. Have you ever done something violent? If so, what didja do?   
6. What's under your bed?
7. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear 'kangaroo'?
8. What happens to Pinocchio when he says 'I'm lying'?
9. Can you stand on your head without leaning against anything?
10. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
11. When someone asks you to tell them about yourself, what do you say?
      
Peace in,
Laila

18 comments:

  1. Honoured to be Liebstered. I shall answer those questions next week. x)

    YOU ARE SO SWEET. DON'T DENY IT. Deep down in that UN-sentimental heart of yours, you are a schmaltzy tiger. Because you wouldn't have agreed to do those flowers in the first place. It's okay. You needn't be ashamed or shy of it. ^^ You're you and we like you that way. Those flowers look absolutely beautiful and if I'd received one of those, I'd feel special and nice and warm and...just really good. :) You and Star are lovely. ^^

    I got to try those macarons too. O___O They look positively...YUM.

    Love the rain picture. ;)

    Pluto is definitely a planet. Hands down.

    I'd give comments to each of your answers but I don't have time now.

    Fun post, nonetheless. Stay awesome. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OI. That was not an invitation for you to destroy my dignity with such compliments as... sweetness... and... schmaltziness... *shudders*

      *glares*

      Okay, but I can acknowledge a leeeetle niceness. Just not as much as people think :P

      Anywho, I'm glad to find another Pluto supporter in you. Together, we shall take over the world :D

      Delete
  2. First off, I LOVE your answers!Just as funny and crazy as I expected!
    Listening to heartbeats and talking to sleeping people ain't creepy...I do that all the time.With lil bro and sis.Because sometimes it's better that way.It is.
    And I j'adore the rain gif. I've been staring it for the longest time and the rains haven't come again yet.Think I might have to go drink water normally for now.*pout*
    You cheated on the pirate-ninja question girl...c'mon. It's the only one where I'm asking something personal...go on,SAY IT!!
    P.S. How DO you get invited to read someone's private blog??
    I'm dying to read Arvie's. And Linchy's.*hint hint*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should try asking the clouds. Say pleeeease. Pretty pleeease. Let down some rain. And widen your eyes, too... ^_^

      NEVER. I WILL NEVER PICK BETWEEN PIRATES AND NINJAS.

      As for private blogs... o.O I donno. I kinda know them outside the blog, that's why I got invites :P Perhaps you ought to widen your eyes for Arvie too ;) (And Linchy doesn't have a blog, she has tumblrs...)

      Thanks for the tag, thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  3. That is so sweet! And I'm sure Star wasn't doing it to get credit so don't worry! You blog alot about her, I guess you're pretty close friends huh? :)

    I really miss Fathi! :( Apparently, she's very busy at work nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she wasn't, but I still think she deserves it! And yeah, Star is my school best friend (:

      And Fathi... well, at least that's cleared up. I was beginning to think she was kidnapped by aliens or something. Glad to know she's alive :D

      Delete
  4. Your (planned) random act of kindness is brilliant :D I love how that went, regardless of how you can't take compliments, etc. xD ♥

    & thank you for the award ^__^ I haven't really been in the mood for blogging lately, but hearing about what's going on over yonder is much more fun c:

    Thank you again ^,^ & I hope your day/night/evening is going well ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star's (planned) random act of kindness was brilliant ^_^ I was just a supporting role.

      Anyhow, that's okay, and I hope your day/night/evening is also splendid *hugs*

      Delete
  5. Bah! I love this. I can't wait to check out the other blogs you listed. However due to time constraints and a court order I can only answer one of your questions.

    #11. When someone asks you to tell them about yourself, what do you say?

    Me: The sorting hat put me in Gryffindor. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I bet you had something to do with the three fire trucks + ambulance that whizzed past our school the other day... it's okay, I shan't give you away *shifty eyes* )

      And that's an ingenius answer :O But the Sorting Hat put me in Slytherin... :/ I donno if employers would like that.

      Delete
  6. I actually laughed at the baby-phone-tap situation. Like, ROARED OUT LAUGHING.

    You should write for a living. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insha'allah, one day, maybe. I'll try :)

      And you ought to as well -_-' Give these people a proper blog. I command you.

      Delete
  7. Ouch, I imagine that's flustering, getting the credit for something you didn't do, especially when you don't WANT the credit in the first place. I know the anonymity of the situation couldn't allow you to tell everyone outright that it was Star, but did you try to do it anyway? Because, you know, if you were going anonymous to avoid compliments, and you got compliments anyway, then I think you could just as well have told everyone because there was no point in it.
    I actually went through a similar situation with my best friend, and I know that it feels *criminal* and makes you feel guilty in so many ways when you're getting the credit for something they did, in which you only had a minor part. :/ Ah well, life goes on.

    I'm going to just write the answers here, because my next blog entry (when I finish it) will be a hefty read anyway, so no need to pad up the length. :P
    1. A book that made you [want to?] throw it across the room?

    A Song of Ice and Fire book One, three and five. That's A Game of Thrones, A Storm of Swords and A Dance with Dragons, respectively. When you read them, you'll know why.

    2. What was the last lie you told? (assuming you have lied :P):

    'I really can't think of a lie to answer this question with'. Because the lie I told before this lie was kind of rather personal. xD

    3. How long is your thumb?

    Longer than my earlobe, shorter than my nose.

    4. What did you eat for breakfast four days ago?

    Cheese spread + Blackcurrant Jam sandwich. Try it sometime. It's awesome. ^^

    5. Have you ever done something violent? If so, what didja do?

    I once poked someone with a pencil. I used the pointy end. Mwahahaha. I feel so evil.

    6. What's under your bed?

    A flag of Azerbaijan. It's a memento. ^^

    7. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear 'kangaroo'?

    Boomerang O.o

    8. What happens to Pinocchio when he says 'I'm lying'?

    In this order: His feet reverse, the colors of his clothing invert, his eyes turn golden, his hands turn into plungers, his pantaloons start to resemble a cupboard, his mouth morphs into a map of Saudi Arabia, and then he finds out that he's made of Mahogany.

    9. Can you stand on your head without leaning against anything?

    I can't stand on my head even if I DO lean on something. My body isn't flexible enough to plant my feet on top of my scalp.

    10. When was the last time you climbed a tree?

    June 2012.

    11. When someone asks you to tell them about yourself, what do you say?

    'Imagine a small speck of light in a void of absolute emptiness that seems to exude light that illuminates nothing. It's there, fighting a lost battle, its rays stretching out in all directions before wearing themselves thin and breaking away, their energy lost, their meaning of existence taken away. Now, imagine if that small speck of light decided one day to expand, to turn into something bigger than itself, so that it can take on the world and forge for itself a meaningful existence. On the eave of such a decision, what does it say? Close your eyes and think well before answering.' *waits for eyes to close. Scarpers*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the basket ^^ We hadn't finished the flowers on time, so although I guess we ninja-ed it into school, we still had to carry it around at lunchtime. We were counting on the fact that everyone in our year level finishes school early on Wednesday afternoons, but we forgot that some of them stayed back for a study seminar. Although not many people saw us carrying the basket, a few did, and when the teachers were handing the flowers out in that basket... it's pretty much 1 + 1 = 2, right?

      But then, they should have realised it wasn't just me. Star was carrying the basket too at times -_-' And yeah, when people started accosting me, I did tell them. But like I said, Star threw it back to me - she kept telling everyone that I was just being modest, it was me, blah di blah... so everyone thinks it's half half credit, but it's not. It was her more than me.

      C'est la vie *shrug*

      And... MWAHAHAHAHAHA.
      I love your answers ^_^ I must try #11, but I'd have to memorise it first -_-'

      Delete
  8. On it! Thank you so much dear! And determined? Ha! No... I think you need to meet more people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. But I know for a fact you sell yourself way too short.

      ... okay, that sounds weird, but yeah ^_^

      Delete
  9. You measured your eyelash? LOL!

    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
    and yes I know I need to blog more :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what happens when I'm bored. I do weird things.

      Delete

Meow.