My Lord! Open up for me my heart. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot of my tongue.
That they may understand my speech.

Qur'an - 20:25-28

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Butterbees

I'm going to begin this with an utterly shameless promotion of my artwork, just so you can get a grasp on who I am:


Butterfly+bee=...BUTTERBEE!?

And who was the wonderful person to inspire me to make this? Why, this blog's author! If you haven't, I highly suggest you check out her lovingly inspiring page, The Better View, which is linked somewhere on the side. 

Now what can you make up from that artwork that described me? Well, don't bother thinking, here's the answer: amateur artist, wanna-be graphic designer, kick-ass girl full of spunk. Haha, well, I hope that's what you gather. Don't worry, I'm not that new to you guys, I believe Laila has dedicated most of a post (if not all) to my artwork...

*scrolls down*

*sees said post*

*is amazed*

*scrolls back up*


That's right! It's me, Linchy! The only person Laila has met in real life that reads this blog.


Thaaaaat's me.


Back to business. What on earth is a Butterbee?

It's an awesomely made title of the typographic piece above. It's also, what I will officially describe Laila as. In so many ways, she's like a butterfly. Innocent, light, fluffy and nice to watch. But her views and her strong beliefs, as well as her subtle stubbornness and truly headstrong heart make her like a bee too. Let's just hope she never has to use her sting, right? Butterbee. 

Meanwhile, Laila blushes in a corner.

Ooooh, stop it, YOU! Seriously, stop.


Well, that's enough of shameless promotion and ego stroking. As I grab the first post of 2013, I'm going to discuss with you what I did as the last hours of 2012 dwindled.


Nothing. Well, not really.

I know, it gets better!


Rather than cook up a storm of a party like many Australians, my family and I spent our Monday mostly lounging around, waiting for 12AM so we would regain our internet data. To pass this, most of us read.  Me, well, I completely gobbled up three of the five books I had borrowed from the library that day. 


And although I was interested in the fireworks going off, I was mostly disappointed with the display and continued reading. The books weren't that great, but I needed something to pass the time. 


While reading, I found that I was very, very content with reading. After all, it was nice and quiet, and it wasn't noisy, and we were all allowed to dwell within our own thoughts. I've never been into going to a party, dressing up...party-like and dancing to psychedelic lights, not to mention having to deal with the BO of numerous other people, on top of that, alcohol and inappropriate behaviour. I'm not just talking about New Year's...I'm talking about every single kind of these parties. I, as I am proud to say, not interested in those kinds of socialising at all.

I don't do much socialising, anyway. I make sure I see a couple of my friends over the holidays, just so we don't drift and we can catch up, but other than that...that's about it. The one time I went to a party where there was alcohol, I immediately backed out. I was not pleased with the party host, who had caved in to the peer pressure.

I'm very, very, very, anti-alcoholic, anti-smoking, and of course, anti-illict drugs.  Why would you want to  want to make yourself look stupid?


Observe.


I'm glad Islam prevents me from indulging from any of the three. I guess, it is alright to have a bit of alcohol or wine for a celebration, as if it was like any other kind of refreshment, but I don't see why you need to get yourself completely drunk. But I believe it's one of those things that should be treated sparingly: once in a while, a blue moon, perhaps a treat. Something  really special. Even better, why not become a Muslim and not have it at all! 

Hah. That being said, my 'respect levels' plummet down considerably if I find a classmate drinks at a party. I just believe it's not appropriate. What are you doing, training yourself to become an alcoholic?

Harsh. Excessive; I know. But I can't help but think that. 

And you know what else bugs me? When I text some precious friend, and they don't reply AT ALL. 


I'M SORRY I WANTED TO STRENGTHEN THE BONDS OF OUR FRIENDSHIP!


I'm guilty of late replying, but not responding at all? Really?

Oh yes, and there's Facebook. Not keen on that either. I may lower myself to get it for the sake of my friends...but I'm not budging yet. 

Now I've gone off topic. What was I talking about? The new year.

Ahh, yes. 

Well, there's lots of opportunities for me in the new year, and lots of things to learn. Hopefully I'll improve as a graphic designer and an artist all together, and learn some new techniques and score with the Adobe Master Collection.

If only. If ONLY I COULD GET IT!

Grr. I also hope to score with numerous books to add to my beautiful collection. Mwahaha. And watch more anime. Hmm.

I'm getting off topic. I guess I'll end it here. It was nice being a guest. Back to you, Butterbee!



Adios.

AHAHAHA. 
HAHA.
I love Linch ♥ 
If you don't love her I will stab you.
I'm a Butterbee :O


Okay, sorry, I just read this post and I'm excited.

Before I go, however, I shalt dot point some Things:

  • DO YOU LIKE THE BACKGROUND? LINCHY MADE IT. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE HER.
  • So yes, I changed some things. I realised I can't explain 'impossibly-tiger', it only makes sense to me and me alone. So I changed it to 'unjumbled', because I can explain that, but I'm not going to do so now.
  • And I got rid of some pictures! Because I feel like it clutters. I may change them time to time, but I shalt not spam and go nutty.
  • And I'm going to tag things. Because tagging things seems right.
  • And I won't do an ATM thingo anymore, because that annoys me sometimes. I just feel clingy, which is why I didn't get rid of it initially. I sometimes get attached to things for inexplicable reasons. But if you're interested at all in my readings, look/add me here.
  • WE MADE IT TO 2013 FIRST. IN OZ. NANANANANA.
  • I hope you are very happy.

So the closure of 2012 saw Kiko learning to climb. The dawn of 2013 taught him to get down.

Such is life. This too shall pass. Life goes on.

Peace in,
Laila

10 comments:

  1. I will only say this:

    FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEEEE


    *buzzes out*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE BONDS OF OUR FRIENDSHIP ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE.

      *flutters away*

      Delete
  2. Butterbeer was the first thing that came to my mind when I read butterbee...and there are similarities I think.Both are sweet,addictive and fun!
    I definitely HATE people who don't reply...my self-esteem levels plummet when I don't get replies.:(
    And Linchy darling your artwork is Lovely,Loveable and everything Love...*envious staring at blog-background*
    Now,Excuse me while I go find out what this linkage section is all about.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, there's only a one letter difference!

      You too? Well I just silently hate them until they text back, and all of a sudden, BAM! The one sided fight has been resolved.

      Awww, shucks. Thank you so much :P

      You're excused :D

      Delete
  3. Reading books > Party, anytime!
    That's a beautiful piece of artwork, and it's a great thing to aspire to be (a butterbee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm glad you agree!

      And thank you so much. *blushes modestly*

      Delete
  4. Such a late reply. I'm ashamed. I've read this post about five times already, I think. And I'm only able to comment properly now. -.- Agh. Pardon me.

    ANYWAY. Awesome post, awesome background, awesome first entry of the year. I commend you and Linchy both. :P The background is lovely and it's a nice reflection of your new blog name. I like the new changes. :') I shall miss the pictures though, but no matter. 'Tis your blog, your choice. ^^

    Butterbee. Sweet. You two are oh-so schmaltzy. :P
    Stay having a strong friendship. ^^

    Happy 2013, Laila. Stay awesomer. *thumbup*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schmattzy? Now there's a new word.

      Sorry for the late reply myself! And I'm flatterd you've read this five times! Hahaha.

      Delete

Meow.