Haloomi broke up with Ben today.
I knew it because when she strolled into my room after school, she was very snippy and all that, so I just asked her straight out if they were having problems. She said yes, in fact, she'd broken up with him. They're sweethearts, see.
The first time I heard of him, Haloomi was sitting at the table colouring, and singing: 'Me and Ben, swinging together...' Something like that. He kept coming up in my conversations with her, and eventually I figured it out. As usual, I asked her straight out, and she admitted that yes, she did love him.
Hm.
At a baby shower function thing, I was sitting with my friend, Cowgirl, and I asked Haloomi if I could tell Cowgirl (because Haloomi made me promise not to tell anyone... though she had, in fact, shared her love interest with my other sisters too...), and she gave in. Cowgirl, as amused as I, started questioning her. She asked Haloomi if Ben loved her back.
"I don't know," she said carelessly. "I think he does. Once, we were sharing secrets, and I asked him what his favourite land-animal was, and he said it starts with H. Then I said 'horse?', but he said 'no, the second letter is A', then he went on to whisper, 'Haleemah'."
Romeo, much?
And in between all this, she's mentioned that she's going to marry him, that they're going to have shared bank accounts, and blah blah. They broke up once before, but she said they got back together and lunchtime.
So all in all, when this six-year-old diva strolled home and admitted that, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Until she dropped the second bombshell. See, she didn't just say 'Yeah, I broke up with Ben', she said: 'Yeah, I broke up with Ben. I broke up with all five of them.'
O_O My little sister is a maneater. When did this happen??? How? What?
So I obviously had to start digging. One of the other guys is Keanu, who is Ben's friend. And there's another - Nick - who's Keanu's friend, I think. And they're in a gang. And it turns out, she didn't break up with all of them, just those three, because they were being mean.
Why were they being mean, you may ask? Or how? Well, apparently Haloomi forgot her socks today, so they were teasing her and saying she was smelly and gross, so she broke up with them. All of them. Like shock, horror, GASP!
I had a high school scene in mind, so I asked her if they were the 'bad boy group' of the school.
"Well, Ben isn't really," she said. "Sometimes he says 'I just want to do my work.' So yeah, he's that type."
Anyway, back to the Famous Five. Because it's the season to be jolly, the Christmas cards were making their rounds, obviously. Ben gave Haloomi a card, as well as Nick, and Keanu gave her two. And then her new man gave her one.
"I like Sebby's card the best," she told me. I asked her if that's why she started liking him.
"Yeah, that's a little bit why I have a crush on him," she said. "But he's cute. His face is cute."
Then she expressed some annoyance at the other guy, her second new man on the scene. See, he hadn't gotten her a card. I mean, what the flip?? How dare he! But she likes him anyway, and forgives him because he doesn't know that she has a crush on him yet.
But, she told my sister once that Ben would always be her favourite. He's the best looking too, apparently, and all the girls like him. 'But', she adds, 'I'm the only one who loves him.'
Where did this little monster come from? She's nothing like me, for sure. And FIVE. FIVE BOYFRIENDS.
Just to be sure, I asked her what a boyfriend was. She said it was someone who you have a crush on. I asked her what a crush was. She said it was something like 'loveydovey stuff' about them.
I swear, she may be a midget, and she may be six, but she's like a little woman. A control freak one, at that. For example, apparently sometimes, Nick likes to go off with some girl called Pat, because they need to have a 'private conversation'. She doesn't mind, until she notices they're not really talking and they're just playing, so she calls out: 'NICK! I'm telling on you!'
And he comes running, begging for mercy.
Poor leetle boys. My sister has them wrapped around her finger. She has them beneath her toes, I think, and she's crushing them.
And my older sister sighs, in the background, saying: 'How is it she has five boyfriends when she's just six, and I still can't get myself one?'
ATM:
Writing: Chipped. I've joined 'The Pink Ninjas of Doom'. Basically, the aim is to write (or in my case, finish) and 50k novel in two months, and then the revising and editing processes follow afterwards. The difference to NaNo is you're a part of an official team, so you have to help each other stay on track.
Reading: It was on fire when I lay down on it. Robert Fulghum. I just finished another one of his books, on rituals, which was dull. But this one has his humour how I like it, so far (:
Listening to:...
Feeling: Irked. My sister and I just had another argument. I want to keep my money with me. She wants me to put it in a bank account - maybe even hers. Isn't this my own choice?
“Life is wonderful. It's a gift to be alive, to see the sun and breathe the air. And there isn't really anything else.”
(Michael Crichton)
Peace in,(Michael Crichton)
Laila
I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR LITTLE SISTER.
ReplyDeleteShe is just too funny. It must be so entertaining having her around!
FIVE.
BOYFRIENDS.
AT THE SAME TIME.
She is just too good, man.
(I'm working on the reply-on-yo-blog thing... sometimes it just gets awkward, commenting multiple times on a single post, or waiting eons for the next one ^^ )
DeleteAnyway, yes, indeed, my little sister is rather amusing. And talented. The best part is that she's so completely serious. My older sister once told her - as a joke - that she was going to steal Ben, and Haloomi just got hysterical. 'Twas funny (:
*snorty punch drunk giggling giggling*
ReplyDeleteGawsh, Haloomi is one scary female...I totally wouldn't wanna mess with her...I have this scary image of a lady with a long ciggy holder in her fingers, with evil eyes and cowering guys at her feet on my brain...or maybe I'm punch drunk!
Poor leetle boys...but who could blame them?!
And LM,I'm loving your blog more every time I read!
Oh yes, she's a terrifying speciment to behold. You should see her when she's angry. At three-years-old, she was throwing chairs when she got mad x)
Delete(Though, admittedly, the image you have of her is a little punch drunk :P )
And thank you x) I'm waiting for a new post from you, but I've peeked at the past ones, and they're also Very Interesting (:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
ReplyDeleteThat is all.
On a different note: AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
And, finally: HA!
Well said (: Can't think of a finer way to put it.
DeleteWOW. Just...WOW.
ReplyDeleteI'm snorting-chuckling-snickering idiotically here.
I'm awed. WOW. Speechless.
Exactly what I was doing in the in-between moments of my interrogating her x)
DeleteShe is too cute! And this post read so well, I thought I was reading an excerpt from your novel. Lol! Context clues, Deserae... Context cuh-lues. :)
ReplyDeleteAnywho, I loved this post. Can't wait to read CHIPPED and I'm sorry you felt a bit miffed. My older sisters are very adamant about me growing up equipped with bank accounts and jobs and all, but I have no idea what they're on about. I still have 47 years before I'm old enough to even want to THINK about responsibilities (and/or taxes).
Hope today's a better day!
Deserae
Hola! Thanks for commenting here!
DeleteMy little sister is more evil than cute, but most disagree with me on that one. I'm glad you think I write well, but I worry I'm just setting myself up here - CHIPPED is in no way anything worth reading. But I'm working on it ^^
Hope you have a lovely day (:
hahaha your sister sounds adorableee!!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a little sister:( Unfortunately all I seem to have is a little brother who isn't even that little-he towers over me!!!
I need a brother. Let's trade - you can have one of my little sisters ^^
DeleteMy my, what a little diva. I never did any of that stuff when I was her age. I do remember one of my classmates on my table doing something naughty, and me telling him I was going to tell the teacher, and then he replied "Don't be a dibberdobber." Since I had no idea what a dibberdobber was, he promptly told me and there was my first lesson on dibber dobbers.
ReplyDeleteFascinating, kids can be. Are you concern or simply very amused? I'm going to assume the latter, because I'm sure Haleemah has no idea what on earth is going on. I'm sure she'll brag about it when she's older though. Wouldn't that be a treat?
That is all.
(YOU'RE STILL NOT LISTENING TO MEEE)
SORRY. WE HAD VISITORS. I read the email, couldn't reply. Can't be bothered logging in now. Will get back to you tomorrow.
DeleteAnyhow, yeah, I was never like that either ^^ And I'm a little concerned, but she tells me everything, so I'll know when it gets too far. The fact she tells me everything shows just how innocent she is, right? (: