We snapped their spines in half and melted them 'til they bled!
:O We were so cruel. But it had to be done. It was the destiny of those crayons. What to do?
SO, today Star and I tried the crayon-melting project, it was absolutely phantasmagorical, although perhaps I'm being biased because I'm too happy. Perhaps I'll look back on it later and go EUH, what is that bunch of crepes? Who did we think we were, Picasso? As it is, I ain't gonna show y'all yet, 'cause I have to make clouds ^^ When it's really complete, I'll put a picture up.
I also made cupcakes, 'cause I thought I'd do some sisterly bonding and organise some fun for the leetle bratty ones. Yeah, the cupcakes - as in the icing - turned out ugly, because, LoL, if I'm an amateur, my little sisters are amateurs-minus-one. But still, they were colourful, and they were yummy.
It's funny, because even though the last days were grey and cold, they were full of colour.
AND, I watched Puss in Boots. Cute, funny, and it had cats. 'Nuff said. (I enjoyed the egg jokes, you know, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU INTO AN EGG SANDWICH kinda stuff. Gonna use it on my little sisters :P )
Okay, well, last time I posted, I ranted, and I wanted again to rant the very next day, but I thought it would overload you guys, so I didn't + I also ended up having fun on writing a report for my friend on asylum seekers, and you know, me and asylum seekers are like... high voltage.... ^^
But what I wanted to rant about... I'm not exactly sure if it happens anywhere but here. Have you heard of this weird teenage custom where on a specific birthday, they go out and do something... trashy? Sort've like, they get stoned for the first time, or... do the dirty deed... or you know, something stupid along those lines?
Well, I don't get it. I don't get why, when you turn 17-18-19 or whatever, you have to do something disgusting, or more immature than expected. What is the deal with getting ridiculously drunk? What do you gain? A hangover, a killer headache? Is that really your ideal birthday? Is it really going to be something you can look back on with pride, something that you want to cherish in your memory forever, and tell your kids about?
But anyway, what people want to do with their lives is none of my business, so I don't really care. S'long as the drunk person isn't going to get behind a wheel or harm someone, and the dirty deed is cosensual.... well, whatever. Do what you want.
But don't drag other people down with you.
So there is - was this dude in my high school, call him Big T. He was in my sister's year level. He recently had a birthday, and on his birthday, charming fellow that he is, he wanted to see a stripper.
(Let me just take the time to go barf. Thank you.)
Anyway, my sister has her best friend, called her Maki, and her boyfriend is um... Bill. Maki and Bill. And Bill was invited by Big T to go with him to see this stripper. Bill refused, because he's what they called 'whipped' by Maki, and when Maki says no, he doesn't go. It's sweet, really, he's so dedicated to her.
Anyway. Big T won't let up. He literally approached Maki at uni, and was asking her why she wouldn't let Bill go, it was just a boys night, a little fun, why was she trying to take over his life, etc. And Bill - he is a sweetheart, but he's basically 'whipped' by everyone. Although if Maki says no he won't go, he does keep asking, because he doesn't want to disappoint his friends either. He's weak at heart, I guess. Maki relented in the end, because she's a little weak too, and they were all making her feel guilty.
And I think this is all just sick. Okay, if you wanna celebrate your birthday in some vulgar, trashy way, go do. But why do you have to force people to go with you? Why make your friends feel uncomfortable like that? What kind of a friend are you for putting them through something you know they're going to hate, that's not even worth it?
And please explain how seeing a stripper is going to prove your manhood or whatever kind of rubbish you go see one for. It's disgusting. It's disrespectful. Especially when a guy has pledged loyalty to another girl, how can you break that kind of bond for your own selfish need?
Seriously - Big T is lucky that not only is Maki a softie, but my sister went and delivered Bill a lecture on it the very next day, telling him to be a man and stand up. I swear if that relationship was ruined, I was going to hunt Big T down and slap him myself -_-' Some friends.
So the lesson of the day is.... be a good friend. And if you want to do stupid things, don't force others to join you. That is all :)
ATM:
Reading: Maybe, Maybe Not. Robert Fulgham. It's... a philosophy book, and I really like it. His writing is... quirky, and interesting - makes you think twice about things you do on an everyday basis, I guess.
Writing: Chipped. Well, I mean, sort of. I've been writing lots of little things here and there, haven't focused on any one thing...
Listening to: Still That Girl. Britt Nicole. Please listen to it. It's amazing, I absolutely love it. The words are so beautiful, and I'll only put up the chorus, but seriously, look it all up, listen to it start to end.
Feeling: Colourful. Haha. Ha. ^^
You were young, you were free
And you dared to believe
You could be the girl
Who could change the world
Then your life took a turn,
And you fell, and it hurt,
But you're still that girl
And you're gonna change this world
And you dared to believe
You could be the girl
Who could change the world
Then your life took a turn,
And you fell, and it hurt,
But you're still that girl
And you're gonna change this world
Peace in,
Laila
Oh I really want to try the crayon melting thing!
ReplyDeletePost a picture of how it turned out please :D
lol I like the cupcakes!
And I totally agree with you on the birthday issue :/
Okay, okay, I'm listening to the song ^_____^ (it's lovely ♥)
ReplyDeleteAs for that birthday thing - YES, people shouldn't do stupid stuff and force people to do it, too. Or take them with them. Then again, peeps who are against it need to stand their ground, and try to influence their friends not to do the bad stuff. (Two sides of a coin, see? *giggles xD*)
Awesome cupcakes :3 I've been thinking about making Devil's Food Cupcakes, actually xD Maybe I'll make some tomorrow and post pictures :3
(...'course, they probably won't have the same icing xD I'm thinking of making something fluffy :3)
& thank you very muchness for the lovely post :D *reads along and stamps comments some :3*
Well, I didn't even know about THAT stuff people do in their birthdays until now.
ReplyDeleteWow. o.o
Just...wow. I want to go punch someone now. Bleh.
P.S. Awesome cupcakes. Haha. They look like the ones I gave my best friend on her birthday.